Best bass sim plugin?

thefyn

Jun 3, 2006
I am going to be recording some bass soon, and I normally go direct.

I want some different bass sounds to suit certain songs.

To give you an idea, on one song I need Anthrax style, another I need Overkill style and then I need some smooth bass for more epic stuff.

Styles include pick and finger so I need to shape the bass sounds to suit the different playing etc etc.

Any ideas? And better still clips of the results? I am using sonar 7.

im using the sansamp plug in PT i really dig it, alot of tone options. The other one i use a bit is the studio devil virtual bass amp. really great pre section on it, both fed through impulses if required

Awesome! thanks, I didn't know they had a plug in version.

BTW i have ampeg svx but i was wondering what impulses do you guys use.. the same as the guitar ones? or is there some specific impulses made for bass?

Great info guys. Bass is important as I am tuning standard so I don't want it dangling like an afterthought. Thats what she said.

I swear by SVX. I'll use pretty much anything for dirt on a bass track, to be honest.

Oh, and :kickass: to a fellow HCAFer.

Ampeg SVX is pretty cool for the rounder tones. When I look back, the tightest bass, with the best bass grit I have come from using Guitar Rig 2 as a bass amp. The quality is all in the DI itself though. If the core sound is muddy and flat, then you've got no hope.

In the future I will try running bass grit through my TS, due to ahjteam's bass stompbox video comparison. Seems like it'd do the trick!