Best black metal band?

Living Colour is my favorite black metal band.

PS: Welcome to the forum

indeed!!! they have that song kvlt of personality! :devil:

ScottG said:
black/viking/folk recommendations:

Negura Bunget - 'N Crugu Bradului
Windir - Likferd, 1184
Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja, Voimasta Ja Kunniasta
Enslaved - Mardraum, Eld, Vikingligr Veldi, Blodhemn
Vintersorg - Till Fjalls, Cosmic Genesis
Falkenbach - Ok Nefna Tysvar Ty
Asmegin - Hin Vordende Sod Og So
Anaal Nathrakh - Domine Non Es Dignus
and my all time fav: Samael - Ceremony of Opposites

Whats Viking metal?....sounds intresting

Viking Metal is usually melodeath or black metal that lyrically revolves around viking life/mythology. Very kick ass stuff for the most part.

Amon Amarth
Asmegin - Top notch
Thryfing
SuidAkra - Top notch
Falkenbach
Bathory's last 4-5 albums. Nordland and Nordland II are folksy viking metal and rock my world. What can I say I'm a sucker for a violin/fiddle in metal.

houkai said:
Where, might I ask, do you find a decent-sized metal music store in Toronto? I've been looking for one in eons.
Well to tell you the truth i've only been here in Canada for 3 months, and so far I think the music is really expensive compared with the states (i used to live in Miami), I think the way to go is to order them from century media records.

The best store metal-wise has to be HMV at Yonge street, close to Dundas, their metal section is huge, but still expensive, the cheapes one, although not a big difference, has to be Best Buy, but they don't even separate metal from the other genres, so you might stumble upon cryptosy close to cramberries, and when I say better prices I mean like 3 or 2 dollars "better". But of course you knew this stuff from before...

BTW what shows are you going to??? I'm already have my tickets for
children of bodom,
and nightwish,
i'm going to buy megadeth, and The haunted ( supporting damageplan)
and i'm thinking maybe Dying fetus (supporting GWAR),
Arch enemy sounds tempting but they are coming with three crappy bands so I think their setlist is gonna be really short.

hmm choices, choices..... I love this city!!!

I have never heard a "Black Metal" band that I like. I just like a shit load of bands that have black metal aspects to their music as well as many others. Simply I find "Black Metal" very crappy.

Black/viking/folk:

EMPEROR
IMMORTAL
Dissection
Enslaved
WEAKLING
Borknagar
VINTERSORG
Bathory
Agalloch
Ulver
Arcturus
ASMEGIN
Absu

Other fine bands:

Xasthur
Leviathan
Draugar
Blut Aus Nord
Deathspell Omega
Funeral Mist
Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra
Mayhem
Darkthrone

Dieblo said:
The best store metal-wise has to be HMV at Yonge street, close to Dundas, their metal section is huge, but still expensive, the cheapes one, although not a big difference, has to be Best Buy, but they don't even separate metal from the other genres, so you might stumble upon cryptosy close to cramberries, and when I say better prices I mean like 3 or 2 dollars "better". But of course you knew this stuff from before...

Yeah, it's fucking pricey here. I've been to that HMV and though pretty extensive, I just couldn't handle the price.

Dieblo said:
BTW what shows are you going to???

Haha, if only I have the money. I wanted to go to the Cryptopsy show yesterday at Hamilton, but ehhh something came up. Too busy these days to keep up with live schedules :/

And on topic: I second Blut Aus Nord from an earlier post, and I would add Immortal (Pure Holocaust - Blizzard Beasts). Also check out Velvet Cocoon.

Well, I have been listening to Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice today: omg, what a fucking killer album! I've had it for a while but never listened to it much, but I have been missing out... I love the liturgical chants here and there. A lot of this album sounds rather sad. I implore all of you looking for high quality black metal to find this album and buy it. Try: www.aquariusrecords.org That's where I got it. \m/ Hail Deathspell Omega! \m/

Dieblo said:
Well to tell you the truth i've only been here in Canada for 3 months, and so far I think the music is really expensive compared with the states (i used to live in Miami), I think the way to go is to order them from century media records.

BTW what shows are you going to??? I'm already have my tickets for
children of bodom,
and nightwish,
i'm going to buy megadeth, and The haunted ( supporting damageplan)
and i'm thinking maybe Dying fetus (supporting GWAR),
Arch enemy sounds tempting but they are coming with three crappy bands so I think their setlist is gonna be really short.

hmm choices, choices..... I love this city!!!
It sucks that it's expensive in Toronto, here in Quebec city the prices of metal cds in HMV dropped a little this year. They also made a new metal section which is huge too. They probably make a lot of profit with metal since people tend to buy the albums, not download them.

Sympozium said:
I have never heard a "Black Metal" band that I like. I just like a shit load of bands that have black metal aspects to their music as well as many others. Simply I find "Black Metal" very crappy.

I agree...BTW Sympozium you have an awesome avatar

I've benn listening to Immortal and Old Man's Child a little bit more. Since Dissection only has one album that I love and Dimmu Borgir has one that's awesome and some decent ones with awesome songs oon their the probably equal eachother.