Best Black Metal Album of 2k14

Sargeist - Feeding The Crawling Shadows

also, although not 100% BM and 2 are EPs, I liked Necros Christos - Nine Graves, Bolzer - Soma and Diocletian - Gesundrian

Besides BAN and Darkspace some honorable mentions are: Skaphe - s/t, Sinmara - Aphotic Womb, Thantifaxath - Sacred White Noise, Spectral Lore - III, and Nightbringer - Egos Dominus Tuus (though i wouldn't say best but should make it on some list).

Sargeist - Feeding The Crawling Shadows

I'd forgotten about this but.. really?

Unlike several I've seen commenting on it, I have no problem with the production, but I found the music mostly forgettable. Like leftovers from Let the Devil In. I'd forgotten it had been released.

I still need to get the Horna split from their year though. The 2013 album is fantastic.

I'd forgotten about this but.. really?

Unlike several I've seen commenting on it, I have no problem with the production, but I found the music mostly forgettable. Like leftovers from Let the Devil In. I'd forgotten it had been released.

I think it's full of atmosphere, some cool drumming, good bass range and masterful black metal riffs. And I love the deep vocals.

Give it another listen

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm listening to Thantifaxath again. Its definitely top of my BM favs this year. With Darkspace, BAN, Throne of Katharsis, and Dawnbringer.

Have not heard the new Spectral Lore, either

I haven't heard many 2014 recordings as I've been spending most listening time rediscovering things I have on my iTunes already. It's actually taking months to go through that with the amount of time I have left nowadays. But I plan on going back to some of this year's releases later.

Wow, I didn't know that Spectral Lore was going to release new album this year, will certainly give it a listen. I also have a good feeling about new Darkspace.

I do like the Thantifaxath album, which I'm now listening to again for the first time in probably more than six months.

In addition to BAN, Spectral Lore, and Darkspace...While technically an EP, I thought Vehemenz's self-titled debut was absolutely fantastic. Some of the most original BM I've heard in a few years. Cheers to whoever posted them on here