Best Black Metal band

Which one of what??

Anyway, my vote goes out too Immortal and Dimmu Borgir.. :headbang:
There are alot of excellent Black Metal bands though.. they are just my faves...

best black metal band? hell... theres FAR too many to name just ONE best band... however i like the following...

Immortal
emperor
dimmu borgir
naglfar
mayhem
marduk
anaal nathrakh
darkthrone
burzum
bathory
some aeternus
carpathian forest
ragnarok

eh i like MANY more but cant think of them off the top of my head. IMMORTAL is my definate fave BM band however. theres just something about that band that makes me listen to them constantly. perhaps its the vocals.. abbath rocks. or maybe its because i like playing the bass (i play a jackson). learned where dark and light dont differ last night, its really fun to play, if you like them and play bass you better fucking go right to immorta.nu now and get the tab or theres something wrong with you!! haha :D

no sacrifice too great... caught... in another maze........ truly endless... still this maze is mine, and i am thine..... :headbang:

I know this is an old thread.. but if anyone feels like it, come over to the Norwegian Metal forum sometime. Black metal is a favourite topic over there!

Hmmm... I think Burzum, simply because Varg was one of the most creative musicians in the Norwegian scene. I think the way that Varg incorporated emotion into his music was different from what other bands like Darkthrone and Mayhem were doing, and separated him from the rest. His use of repetition as well as love for ambient music really gave his music a certain depth that other bands didn't really have then. His actions have unfortunately overshadowed the music he creates, which never really gets the credit it deserves. And don't just stop at listening to his black metal stuff either, because the pure ambient albums are good too. The Ways of Yore has some beautiful tracks on it, and some great spoken word narrations too.