Who is the true king of black metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimandfrostbittenbeaner

New Metal Member
Jul 24, 2008
Just say who you think is the best black metal band and maybe explain so it doesn't become just senseless ranting. Black metal is a genre with a large and widespread gamma of bands, some unoriginal clones of Darkthrone,Mayhem and Immortal (my personal favorite black metal band) yet some with very original ideas and music, many of these bands displaying and extreme standard of quality (at least as far as I'm concerned). So which is the best?

You mean, who's the true Emperor of black metal?

They took raw and primitive black metal and gave it direction and a sense of majestic, all-conquering evil. Countless bands have followed in Emperor's footsteps. Symphonic black metal was a match made in Heaven (or hell, I suppose), and Emperor perfected it.

EDIT: in before Zeph

Burzum or Emperor.

I love Filosofem and I love Anthems.

You mean, who's the true Emperor of black metal?

They took raw and primitive black metal and gave it direction and a sense of majestic, all-conquering evil. Countless bands have followed in Emperor's footsteps. Symphonic black metal was a match made in Heaven (or hell, I suppose), and Emperor perfected it.

EDIT: in before Zeph

You're implying that there's an inherent lacking in raw and/or primitive Black Metal, which is false. However, Emperor still triumphs over the other greats.

Status
Not open for further replies.