• Bathory

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Myrkskog

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Mortiis

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for Burzum. I also think he has done the best black metal album ever: "Hvis lyset tar oss". "Det som engang var" & "Filosofem" are also great! I haven't heard "Burzum/Aske", but I guess that's good too. "Daudri Baldrs" and "Hlidskjalf" are also good, but not as good as the metal stuff. I think that "Der tod Wotans" from "Hlidskjalf" is the best ambient track I've ever heard, though.
I agree with Kveldssanger that Satyricon should be on the list. Take out Borknagar and put in Satyricon. In my opinion "The shadowthrone" and "Nemesis Divina" is number 2 & 3 on the list of best black metal albums and they're the best black metal act after Burzum. After Satyricon I have to go for Emperor.

Emperor, Burzum, Mayhem, and Dimmu Borgir for me.

Each band covers a different end of the broad spectrum that is black metal, from troo to false, yet I love them all. Each band for a different mood....

Long live black metal, in all its forms :headbang:

Originally posted by godisanathiest
Emperor, and kvelds, Zyklons first EP was BM :) Just not World Ov Worms

I may be wrong but wasn't that ep released under the name Zyklon-B? I know both bands are the prjects of Samoth (or Zamoth these days) but in his interviews for World Ov Worms he kept saying that Zyklon are a completely different band so a distinction may be appropriate. Anyway, it doesn't really matter... :) :)

Anyway I stick with my choice, right now Thorns and DHG are easily the best black metal bands out there. I was surprised to see that only one person mentioned Burzum though, they have produced some great albums.

I chose Dissection. I actually prefer Emperor as a band, but since Prometheus, which is easily my favourite of theirs, isn't BM and Storm of the Light's Bane is slightly better than Anthems, leaves it no question.

I consider Necromantia, Darkthrone, Burzum (91-96) and Emperor as the best B/M bands in general.....

But talking for 2002 I totally agree (once again!) with Kveldssanger! :D
Dødheimsgard, Thorns, Satyricon, Solefald and MysticuM (if they ever gonna complete "Planet Satan") holds the keys to the future of B/M!!!!!

Dissection are phenomenal, but they're obviously closer to Death Metal than Black Metal and therefore should not be in this poll, Sacramentum definitely don't belong in the list either and Satyricon definitely should have been!

EMPEROR got my vote, their superiority is undisputed... :devil: :devil: