Best Cannibal Corpse album?

Give this a listen if you haven't already, Tech. You'll love it mate.

that enticing album cover pulled me right in, but sadly ...
619Tmz5.png

it's not letting me click on it either.:(

That's weird. I managed to get it to play once I signed into YouTube.

I can confirm that the version CiG posted works too.

How is Last One on Earth groundbreaking for death/doom? Mental Funeral, Lost Paradise, Reflections of the Solstice and Into Darkness were already released by 1992 and any ground Asphyx had broken with the style was done with The Rack.

Reactions: morguelord
Cannibal Corpse is my favorite band, period; inside of death metal or out. Tomb of the Mutilated is my choice for Barnes era, and Bloodthirst for Corpsegrinder era and overall. Bloodthirst is actually my favorite fucking album of all time, and to me it's their absolute zenith. Vile, Gallery, and Wretched Spawn are other great picks for later era stuff, but personally I think they went down a bit in quality with Kill and then plateaued there and have as of yet remained. Though I have only heard one track from the new album and thought it was straight garbage. I'll agree that Gore Obsessed is underrated but I don't think it's essential within their catalog by any means.

Tomb and Butchered are really the only Barnes albums I love. I haven't heard enough of Eaten, it never caught my ear as much, and I think The Bleeding sucks.
THANK YOU!! Yeeessss, Bloodthirst is a perfect album. It puzzles me to no end to see it on the bottom tier of their "worst to best lists"!!

Like it or not, Cannibal Corpse put a style on the map and many bands followed, being Tomb the album that sounds the most as themselves. It lacks dynamics, the production is way too scooped and a long etc, which has affected its perception on this day and age

Legion in the other hand, is pure evil savagery, beautifully produced and written. Asheim is the one people should thank about early Deicide, since he has always been the main songwriter, even when the Hoffmans were there.

Like it or not, Cannibal Corpse put a style on the map and many bands followed, being Tomb the album that sounds the most as themselves. It lacks dynamics, the production is way too scooped and a long etc, which has affected its perception on this day and age

Legion in the other hand, is pure evil savagery, beautifully produced and written. Asheim is the one people should thank about early Deicide, since he has always been the main songwriter, even when the Hoffmans were there.
yeah ? I dunno. I mean there's copycats of everyfuckingthing so de facto there's copycats of Cannibal Corpse... but I never saw them as an influential band, more just a band playing a very definite, immediately recognisable type of ketchup death metal. I think if anything second wave of dm bands around were more influenced by the Floridian movement because it was so broad and allowed for so much content to be produced out of it, where CC sort of squeezed everything out of the thing they'd started by themselves.

I'm trying to think, how were they effectively influential. Maybe Webster's sound for death metal bassists. The emphasis on the diminished arpeggio (and later whole-tone scale) feel to the songs...I don't think Mazurkiewicz's drumming, well maybe his bomb-blasting. I don't think Barnes' vocals or even lyrics were influential. Noted, notorious, but I don't think influential.

He did it only on the first album. Legion features natural vocals.

They both feature natural vocals, it's just that he overlaps his vocals way too much. He does this on Legion also. That's fine as a gimmick once in awhile but every fucking song he records 2 or 3 versions of a vocal line and overlaps them.