Best "current" lyricist..... Your vote goes to?

Read the lyrics to the album As The Roots Undo by the band Circle Takes The Square. Incredible stuff. Every Time I Die's older albums have some great lyrics too... specifically the albums Last Night In Town and Hot Damn! The Blood Brothers also had a lot of great lyrics.... that's 3 good examples in the punk/hardcore area.

For hip hop there's Aesop Rock, Sage Francis, Saul Williams, Illogic, etc... lots of indie hop stuff has really great lyricists.

For modern rock, I think Thrice and their vocalist Dustin Kensrue write some nice stuff.

I honestly can't think of much metal that has lyrics even remotely interesting, creative, or intelligent. For the most part, I listen to metal for the musicianship, not the lyrics... Sad, but true.

Read the lyrics to the album As The Roots Undo by the band Circle Takes The Square. Incredible stuff. Every Time I Die's older albums have some great lyrics too... specifically the albums Last Night In Town and Hot Damn! The Blood Brothers also had a lot of great lyrics.... that's 3 good examples in the punk/hardcore area.

For hip hop there's Aesop Rock, Sage Francis, Saul Williams, Illogic, etc... lots of indie hop stuff has really great lyricists.

For modern rock, I think Thrice and their vocalist Dustin Kensrue write some nice stuff.

I honestly can't think of much metal that has lyrics even remotely interesting, creative, or intelligent. For the most part, I listen to metal for the musicianship, not the lyrics... Sad, but true.

Hell yeah on the Saul Williams :kickass:

Maynard and Arif Mirabdolbaghi are probably my favorite, though I hardly listen to lyrics >.>

Maynard - Tool
Mikael - Opeth
Dexter - The Offspring (not a singer, but as lyricist)
Gary Holt - Exodus (Cruci-fuct, anyone?!)

CLAWFINGER!

Tell me the truth, tell me the truth, tell me the truth,
The Truth motherfucker.
Tell me the truth, tell me the truth, tell me the truth,
The Truth you sucker.

FUCKING CLASSIC.

Also this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dun-nun dunt
Dun-nun dunt

wafino thaowwts

Dun-nun dunt