In the Silence

Oddland

Pallbearer

Distorted Harmony

Imminent Sonic Destruction

Elysian - Wires of Creation

http://elysian.bandcamp.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction (in my top two albums all year)

I also really enjoyed this death metal debut. Horrendous - The Chills:

I was surprised by how much I liked this nuThrash debut album, despite the stupid band name. Dust Bolt - Violent Demolition:

Last edited by a moderator:
After seeing all the pimping in Glenn's best of thread I checked out Headspace and that would be the top for me. That's an awesome album.

And thanks for bringing Beyond the Bridge to PP. Great album and performance.

I finally heard PALLBEARER on XM RADIO This weekend.
I can't decide if I loved it or hated it.
Need to hear more.

I'm of the same mind as you, that band got hyped so hard I kind of ignored it as I usually do with "hype" bands (did the same with Ghost and Kvelertak for a few months after their records came out), but when I got around to spinning it I wasn't that impressed. It's not bad, but I'm not getting why people are loving the band so much.

Oh shit how could I forget 7Horns7Eyes. Fuck yeah. That disc RULES. And I only checked it out because of you pimping it hardcore on here, Aeonic.

I don't listen to a lot of djent bands, and I don't necessarily consider 7Horns djent, but there is a Meshuggah influence pretty prevalent. They are likely my favorite new band that has such a heavy Meshuggah influence.

I'm of the same mind as you, that band got hyped so hard I kind of ignored it as I usually do with "hype" bands (did the same with Ghost and Kvelertak for a few months after their records came out), but when I got around to spinning it I wasn't that impressed. It's not bad, but I'm not getting why people are loving the band so much.

With Pallbearer, I saw them live before I had ever heard of them and I was blown away. So when the album came out it just confirmed everything I had loved from that first listen. That's probably why I like it as much as I do. I don't think I would had I watched it get so hyped and then waiting until later in the year to check it out. It is strange how that can have an influence in your opinion of a band.