Best Halford era Judas Priest studio album?

Best Rob Halford era Judas Priest studio album?

• Rocka Rolla

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sad Wings Of Destiny

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Sin After Sin

• Stained Class

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Hell Bent For Leather (Killing Machine)

• British Steel

• Point Of Entry

• Screaming For Vengeance

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Defenders Of The Faith

• Turbo

• Ram It Down

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Painkiller

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters

Triumphant Apostle

Disciple Of The Watch
Dec 8, 2001
St.Paul, MN
Visit site
I don't think I've ever seen this poll on here so I figured I'd post it to see what other Priest fans think. Mine is Painkiller. I got that album the day it came out when I was 14 and have loved it ever since. I love all of their albums (Turbo was :erk: though!) but Painkiller gets my vote. As far as their 70's era albums I would probably go with either Sad Wings Of Destiny or Stained Class. Both phenominal albums :worship:

Painkiller by far. It is by far their heaviest and most aggressive CD. Songs like Painkiller, Hell Patrol, and Metal Meltdown overpower anything they have ever done on any of their other CDs. I like Stained Class too, but it would be better and heavier with more modern production/guitar tone.

Pyrus said:
Pick just ONE? Fuck.

I guess Painkiller, but Sad Wings, Sin After Sin, and especially Stained Class are brilliant, MANDATORY metal albums. Defenders rules too, and Ram It Down is underrated as fuck.
jhhhhhhhhhbnhjliygi

Crazy bastards. Painkiller was just one last flash of brilliance - "Killing Machine" was the real, classic sound of a band at a creative peak. It's my pick for the top. With "Sad Wings.." a close second. I wish Priest would bring back the piano.

It is really hard to decide between Painkiller, Stained Class, Defenders, and Sad Wings....but I had to pick Painkiller. I drive to it way too fucking much to not pick it. :D

I absolutely love them all. All you young'ins seem to love Painkiller so much, which is cool, but heaviest production isn't the be all end all. Definitely check out ALL of their material. Each and every album has it's own unique qualities. Each invokes a different emotional state. From the cold, despondent melancholy of Rocka-Rolla (which is highly under-appreciated), the sharp edged and sentimental tinged Sin After Sin, the high energy "Hell's Angels Gathering" feel of Hell Bent For Leather, to the standard of what is 80's Heavy Metal of Screaming For Vengeance and of coarse the pounding break-neck frenzy of Painkiller.
It's very hard for me to pick just one but I'm going to go with Hell Bent For Leather. It represents them at the point in their career's where they had found their niche and was hitting the mark full force with an unending supply of enthusiasm and energy.

"Hell Bent For Leather"??? No, it's called "Killing Machine"!!! And it's the best Priest album yet. Painkiller? Pah, you guys are blinded by the more extreme sound of it - check out the classic songwriting of "Delivering The Goods", "Evening Star" or the great "Hell Bent For Leather" which Annihilator so adeptly covered.

I am well aware that it was originally titled Killing Machine, Einstein, when first released and in fact is still entitled that in Europe. I have a import printing of it like that on vinyl.
But over here in Vinnland it's commonly referred to as Hell Bent for Leather. Which you should full know.

Painkiller, while undeniably great, is slightly overrated and always overshadows their earlier, better albums...particularly with younger listeners. Sad Wings of Destiny is my favorite, but Stained Class, Sin After Sin and Screaming for Vengeance all deserve hearty honorable mentions.