Best Headphones for Mixing / Editing ????

Apr 9, 2004
Hi guys , i'm looking to get an awesome pair of headphones to do edits and mixing at night when i can't crank the monitors , also to bring it around to other studios i freelance at as a 2nd reference

Any suggestions ??

which models from :

Senheisser ?
AKG ?
Audio Technica ?

and any other gems please let me know cheers

Regards
Roland

My wife bought me some Sony MDR-7506 cans for Christmas last year. I can't find one complaint about them. They are very easy to mix on and don't over/underemphasize any frequencies. I had some stdio Audio Technica phones before but I broke them a couple years ago. Can't remember which ones, but they were not as good as the Sony phones I have now.

I have the Senn MX300's the PX100's, Shure E4's and the Koss Sparkplugs. The most detailed out of these are the Shure's but the low end is somewhat missing. But the detail in the mids and high's is awesome.

Senn HD250s and Shure E4's. Use the latter for everyday mp3 player use at the office as well. Bottom End is slightly lacking but I really like the high end. Great for reference checking. The HD250's are just used for tracking and late-night editing or a basic scratch mix, when the girlfriend's asleep or studying. They're not the best, but are very comfortable for someone with a huge head like me ::heh:

ConspiracyBass said:
I love, love, love my AKG K240 Studios.

Same here with the AKG K270 Studio.

Great for Editing Classical Concerts. You realy hear the athmo. Adjusting Fades is a charm. Not very thick in the Bass, i would call the sound "harsh and naked" - don't give that Can to a Client, he will start to cry cause he thinks that everything sounds like shit. But i am realy used to this Headphone.

i have an akg171 its very good (i have to double check the low response in others sources cuz some songs i mixed ppl said: "it's a bit low/bass"), but if i could i would get a beyer DT770 or senn 600 or 650...