Votes: 31 27.0%
  • The Dark Saga

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Horror Show

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
You forgot to put down Alive In Athens. But then again, everyone would probably choose it.

For me, it's either Something Wicked This Way Comes or Horror Show.

The only thing that keeps me from liking Night of The Stormrider is John Greenly's singing.

I voted for the self titled. It changes depending on my mood, but the intro to When The Night Falls is one of the best pieces of music ever. Colors is a godly song, Iced Earth is a godly song, etc... the best riffs are on ST. The songs rerecorded with Matt are millions of times better, except for the intro to When the Night Falls. That intro shouldn't have been touched.

Night of the Stormrider by far is the best one...
Solid album all the way through, every single song is a classic, and doesn't contain fillers like burnt offerings does, even though burnt offerings IMO is the 2nd best. Something wicked is way overrated, but it owns dark saga and horror show. So i stand by my decision on the first 3 albums being the very best. They were epic, more original, melodic, better guitar tone, more gallop riffs, better songwriting, less fillers, list goes on....the glorious burden will be the 4th best.

Wow, I'm convinced to buy burnt now. I've heard it's terrible on reviews, but with all of these people saying it's their best album...hmm. I have Horror, Night, and Saga.

I'd have to say out of the 3 I like Saga the best, due to the fact that Horror Show just isn't a very epic album and Night, while being epic, I dislike the vocals and the guitar gets a bit repetitive at times (at least the style). Saga I just love the story, and while all of Iced Earth's albums own, I just love the story of spawn being told by such a great band.

Well, you all have convinced me to buy Burnt. I'm going to buy it as soon as possible.

Hypnos666 said:
Wow, I'm convinced to buy burnt now. I've heard it's terrible on reviews, but with all of these people saying it's their best album...hmm. I have Horror, Night, and Saga.

I'd have to say out of the 3 I like Saga the best, due to the fact that Horror Show just isn't a very epic album and Night, while being epic, I dislike the vocals and the guitar gets a bit repetitive at times (at least the style). Saga I just love the story, and while all of Iced Earth's albums own, I just love the story of spawn being told by such a great band.

Well, you all have convinced me to buy Burnt. I'm going to buy it as soon as possible.
Make sure to grab the remastered version.

Also, it may be around the same price to grab the box set instead of IE, BO, and TttG, and you also get the demo...

BO, just for Dante's Inferno.

A glimmering ray of light amongst a sea of derivative, overrated material from a derivative, overrated band.

I find most of the albums great, but I don't like Horror Show much. Also, anonymous, while Dante's Inferno is a great song, I disagree with what you've said. Iced Earth is an excellent power metal band, and along with Blind Guardian, they are a pioneer of modern power metal.