Best Kata album post-Brave Murder Day

What's your favourite Kata album post-BMD?

• Discouraged Ones

Votes: 29 24.6%
  • Tonight's Decision

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • Viva Emptiness

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • The Great Cold Distance

Votes: 25 21.2%

• Total voters
TGCD or LFDGD for me.

Probably:
1. The Great Cold Distance/Last Fair Deal Gone Down
2. Viva Emptiness
3. Tonight's Decision
4. Discouraged Ones

I havent listened to DO much, i need to get that one out again.

i recently listened to the whole Katatonia discography from DODS til TGCD. it's incredible how Jonas' vox improved since DO.

hm... i think this poll doesn't make sense. every one of us has a different favorite, because we have our own relations to the different records.

if you'd ask a Slayer fan: "hey what do you think is the best Slayer record?"
more than 80% answer: "Reign In Blood!!!!!". but if you'd ask a Katatonia fan the same question about their records, you won't get the same answer again. all Katatonia albums are outstanding, something special and they all have great songs.

but to give it a try: i myself would go with Viva Emptiness or Tonight's Decision. although... to be honest... Brave Murder Day IS the one i like the most :D

Voted for Tonight's Decision...It's too weird,only 5 over 47 voted for TD.?!Come on,the new stuff sounds good and it's more professional but no album can give the feeling like TD.(Except Journey Through Pressure,actually this song gives the feeling much more than any song,like i said too many times before the song is SUICIDAL...)

i think discouraged ones is the best katatonia album.maybe the recording is not the best in katatonia discography but all the songs are outstanding.i like katatonia but i must say something about what WEATHERED wrote....he means that slayer has only one great album.is this a joke???? it can be only a joke to compare katatonia with slayer legend.i think if jonas or anders reads these words of weathered they will smile too.maybe after 20 years you can make this compare if katatonia can be a legend like slayer.i like katatonia too.it is a special band for me but to compare them with slayer is very pretentious....

Going for Discouraged Ones as well, the ultimate Katatonia album if you ask me. :)

one with misery said:
i think discouraged ones is the best katatonia album.maybe the recording is not the best in katatonia discography but all the songs are outstanding.i like katatonia but i must say something about what WEATHERED wrote....he means that slayer has only one great album.is this a joke???? it can be only a joke to compare katatonia with slayer legend.i think if jonas or anders reads these words of weathered they will smile too.maybe after 20 years you can make this compare if katatonia can be a legend like slayer.i like katatonia too.it is a special band for me but to compare them with slayer is very pretentious....
You can't compare slayer and Katatonia that's true,but not because of slayer is a legend,just because they are totally different kinds of music.But in my opinion Katatonia is a legend and Slayer is not...I know a lot of people that think like me,believe me it's not a joke.

one with misery said:
Dude, you totally missed the point of weathered's post.

Haha, I don't even like Slayer yet Katatonia is one of the best damn bands I have ever heard. It's one of those bands where if I didn't own all the albums I'd find myself lost in life - the music is just THAT good and meaningful to me.

Aha, and I totally agree about "one with misery" losing the point on that post, haha....

uhm... yes... some of you really missunderstood me ^^ i didn't compare slayer with katatonia and i haven't lost the point on that post. i could have chosen any other band, which has a legendary album. even more legendary than the whole band itself :p i just wanted to say, that you cannot choose the best post-BMD album of katatonia. it's just not possible!

and i never mentioned that slayer have only one good album! hell no!!! but "reign in blood" is the best! and maaaaany others consider it as the best, too ;)

and my intention was to say: this thread is senseless (again) ^^