Best Kata album post-Brave Murder Day

What's your favourite Kata album post-BMD?

• Discouraged Ones

Votes: 29 24.6%
  • Tonight's Decision

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • Viva Emptiness

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • The Great Cold Distance

Votes: 25 21.2%

• Total voters
'Last Fair Deal Gone Down' is not only the best Katatonia album, but it's my favourite album of all time, any genre. It's almost perfect.

I'm somewhat surprised by the popularity of 'The Great Cold Distance'. Sure, it's a very good album, with a couple of great tracks, but it's so well produced and 'chunky' that it loses a lot of the raw emotion on the earlier post-BMD material.

this is subjective.i like katatonia they are realy special for me.but if i think objectivly i can't say that slayer is not legend but katatonia is.to be someones best is subjective but to be a legend is depends on the count of the albums that you sold.and slayer sold millions.maybe katatonia be a legend in time but not now.and this isn't make them worthless.[/QUOTE said:
I also can´t agree with that...For me the count of albums that you sold hasn`tt really much to do with being a legend or not. Otherweise Britney Spears and shit like that would be a legend or what? :cry:

For me it depends on quality of the music in the first place....and when I look at so many million-selling artists today, I can really speak of talent and quality.

Anyway, I voted for TGCD because I think it is the best Kata-album; Jonas vocals are so increadible, they always were, but on the new album-just amazing.

Hypnos said:
i don't grasp why VE desn't get more votes. this album is nearly flawless!
After a lot of thought and several dozen more listens to both VE and TGCD, I decided to vote VE. I listened to it in its entirety again last night and I was amazed to find that I'm still blown away by it, and that the songs still sound as fresh and kickass as they did the day I first bought and listened to it.

Last fair deal gone down for me! It includes my very favourite Katatonia songs like "Sweet Nurse" or "Tonights Music". And it still has this catatonic lead-riffage that Katatonia have dropped since.