Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Discouraged Ones

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Tonight's Decision

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Votes: 15 32.6%

• Total voters
While the last four are all great, the new album, 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down' is one of the best albums I've ever heard. The mood and texture is phenomenal. In fact anything I could write about this album is probably understating it.

Originally posted by Demonspell
Noticd there was a lot of people mentioning them in the favorite band thread, and I also love them, so why not have ourselves a poll? Full length releases only...

Shame you limited the poll to just full length releases as some of their finest material appears on their various eps. "For Funerals to Come" is my absolute favorite Katatonia material. "Saw You Drown" is another fantastic Katatonia ep...

Originally posted by requiem
While the last four are all great, the new album, 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down' is one of the best albums I've ever heard. The mood and texture is phenomenal. In fact anything I could write about this album is probably understating it.

Yeah. What he said. That album is killer.

n/p: Emperor-Anthems...

Originally posted by Evil Edith

Shame you limited the poll to just full length releases as some of their finest material appears on their various eps. "For Funerals to Come" is my absolute favorite Katatonia material. "Saw You Drown" is another fantastic Katatonia ep...

Quite right ! My favorite from KATATONIA is "Sounds of Decay", here I voted for "Brave Murder Day"

last fair deal is one of my fav of all time, discouraged ones is so easy to just put on and listen to for hours, when playing live they gave the songs from discouraged ones a lift, i cant explain but sort of gave the songs more life and meaning, great live band, look forword to future releases (maybe with mike on em too;) well we can live in hope)

I know that they have a forum hosted here, but the standard questions have probably already been asked there and there are more than enough Katatonia fans on this forum to warrant having a poll dedicated to them. As for the EPs, if you want me to repost this and make the selection more complete, I will...

It is not surprising that "Brave Murder Day" has the most votes... it is my favorite Katatonia album as well. However, I am mystified by why people like "Last Fair Deal Gone Down" so much. Personally, it was a BIG disappointment for me. Most of the tracks on it seem to wander aimlessly with uninspired melodies. Sounds like something Tool would put out (yuck).

After "Brave Murder Day", I like "Tonight's Decision" the best. Songs like "For My Demons", "I Am Nothing", "This Punishment", "Strained", "A Darkness Coming" are so perfect in their ambience and melody that it hurts to listen.

Bacchus...the lone Tonight vote was mine. I agree, that album has incredible atmosphere. Don't forget Right Into The Bliss, Had To Leave, and Nightmares By The Sea. I have the slipcase version with the two bonus tracks, the excellent No Devotion and the very good Fractured (and a hidden instrumental track).