Best Lead Guitarist of All Time..

Who is the best lead guitarist of all time?

• Mikael Akerfeldt

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Kirk Hammett

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Jeff Hanneman

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Dimebag Darrell

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Jimmy Page

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Slash

• SRV

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Randy Rhoads

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Joe Satriani

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Yngwie Malmsteem

• Devin Townsend

• Michael Ammoth

• John Petrucci

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Peter Lingdren

• Dave Murray

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
KJones said:
I think it's pretty arrogant to say that no metal guitarists are good musicians. This is definitely false too, because a lot of metal guitarists also started out playing other styles, or they still do.

I still say that Carl August Tidemann should definitely be on the top of the list for anyone who has heard him. I'm just surprised so many people dont know of him.

Is mainstream music all you guys listen to?

yea. britney spears and gorillaz for me only plz. kthx

no, actually Tidemann is a very talented guitarist for what he does. But stop trying to act like your the first person ever to hear of him. I was listening to the early arcturus material when you were still picking your ass and listening to Korn. Hes FAR from the best in the world.

Randy Rhodes. Not nessecarily the best "technical" player but his playing was unique and he brought so much too the metal scene of classic guitar etc. And "Tribute" is a fucking killer live album, maybe the best live record ever. Had he lived to day I think everyone would´ve voted for him.

Don´t get me wrong it´s not like I don´t admire Åkerfeldt, but that´s more as a complete musician Singing, playing and song writing.