Best Lineup You've Witnessed

heycobo

sick liaisons
May 5, 2006
Kansas
wondering what lineup is the best anyone has ever seen in a concert. unfortunately i missed what would've been my best when they were here in town. Nile, Decapitated, Hypocrisy. Therefor, my answer would have to be Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, and Gojira.

This is going old school 1988, but I saw Motorhead, Slayer, Overkill, and Exodus on one bill at Harpos in Detroit. Talk about brutal. Some guy got killed when a bouncer threw a stage diver out into the road through a side door and a taxi hit him. "Hell Awaits" was playing at the time of his death.

This is going old school 1988, but I saw Motorhead, Slayer, Overkill, and Exodus on one bill at Harpos in Detroit. Talk about brutal. Some guy got killed when a bouncer threw a stage diver out into the road through a side door and a taxi hit him. "Hell Awaits" was playing at the time of his death.

that is the most metal thing i have ever heard.

sounds like one hell of an amazing show

this is a good thread actually, when i read the title i thought u meant which opeth lineup, but as far for gigs a few of the festivals we've had have been very solid

BlüdDisörder;5757313 said:
that is the most metal thing i have ever heard.

A friend of mine saw Motorhead on the '79 'Bomber', some kid put his head in the bass bin Lemmy hit a string, apparently to all intents and purposes it look as if the kids head had exploded, none the less he continued to rock out.

Both Opeth shows I've been to have been fucking great.

Opeth
Dark Tranquillity
Devin Townsend

and

Opeth
Nevermore
Fireball Ministry (I really wish I had seen Into Eternity instead... I think it was them who switched with these guys)

Here are my three favorites (listed top to bottom - headliner first)

#1 - Summer 1990 - Clash of the Titans - Darien Lake, NY

Megadeth
Anthrax
Slayer
Alice In Chains

I was 14, it was 90 degrees outside, and the venue had no roof. Headbanged and moshed for hours in the blazing sun and on into the night. I crowdsurfed during Anthrax and got thrown into the security pit. Good times.

#2 - Fall 2006 - Gigantour - Boston, MA

Megadeth
Lamb of God
Opeth
Arch Enemy
Overkill

Could have done without LOG, but Megadeth and Opeth put on great shows. Arch Enemy was a nice surprise (I'd never heard them before). Overkill was a great start to the show, as I grew up with a few of their albums. I will always remember this show because I was front row center for the first 3 bands. This would be #1, except for LOG.

#3 - Summer 1999 - Ozzfest - Mansfield, MA

Black Sabbath
Rob Zombie
Deftones
Slayer
Primus
Godsmack
System of a Down

Every band on this list put on a great show - I was really impressed by Rob Zombie and Black Sabbath, whose performances were far above my expectations.

Black Sabbath
Rob Zombie
Deftones
Slayer
Primus
Godsmack
System of a Down

System Always seemed so idiotoic to me.... I mean total stupidity in one band, and if I hear a good opeth song afer one of their's I simply want to puke out every piece of system I've ever heared in my life!!

I hate them!

But the other bands in that gig are deffinetly great+You heared THE opeth in front 3rd row.....
I would explode from happiness :D

Graspop 2004 was great. My favorites from that festival were Iced Earth, Anathema, Evergrey, Fear Factory, Testament, Anthrax. Some bands like My Dying Bride, Motorhead and Killswitch Engage put on a good show, but their music wasn't too much to my liking.

Other bands on the bill: Morbid Angel, Judas Priest, Alice Cooper, Saxon, Slipknot, Shadows Fall, Hypocrisy, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle Of Filth, Suffocation, Dillinger Escape Plan, Epica, Children Of Bodom, Therion, Soulfly, Queensryche, Death Angel, Dying Fetus, Malevolant Creation, After Forever and also a few more...

Great lineup, since it has a bit for everyone.

Ive never really seen a festival (including gigantour) that could count for "best line up"

for me its usually just openers and headline acts...

.moe opening for Allman Bros.
Los Lonely Boys opening for Santana
DT and Megadeth co-headline
.moe and Gov't Mule

Finntroll and Sodom were pretty cool... Finntroll is kind of a novelty thing tho...
7th Reign and Sonata Arctica was fun. I got in for free. so dont hate.

I wish I could day Dark Tranquility, DTB and Opeth... but DT was fucking terrible...