Best Maidens Line Up Yet! My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acujer

Apr 14, 2008
After Aja left the band, I was very reluctant to see The Iron Maidens. Linda, Wanda and Sara are fantastic in every way, but I was concerned that the dynamic would have been lost. I am a huge fan of Aja, and will never say anything negative about her.

The Key Club was my first Iron Maidens show since Aja left, and I can say, this is the strongest I have ever heard the band sound! This new singer, Kristen, had me mesmerized the entire evening, with her immensely powerful vocals and intensity unmatchable! The intense and extremely focused, serious energy she protrudes took the band to new levels I didn't know existed. I listened for it, I could not hear one crack in her voice or off key note the entire night.

This intensity of pure Metal Explosiveness, possibly brought by Kristen, created a shockwave reaction where Linda, Sara and Wanda had lightning bolts pouring out of their instruments, creating a rocket like propulsive kinetic energy exploding in all directions. The new guitarist, Courtney, blended so amazingly well with the rest of the band, with a very bright energy and finger dexterity that could only be genetic. I was told she has toured with Jon Anderson of YES, a band I have seen 24 times, and will always be my favorite band. I hope to hear some more about this one day.

I brought my girlfriend, who has never seen The Iron Maidens before. The night before we were at Heaven and Hell which I found fantastic, and she was blown away by. She said The Iron Maidens performance was not only better than Heaven and Hell but of Judas Priest as well. I would rather not comment myself, after all, they did do Victim of Changes and The Ripper.

Am I mistaken that Rhime was never performed until this formation? You guys nailed it note for note!

In summary, this new formation is not only the strongest, but gels together better than I have ever seen the band. The band has reached the Epic level of musicianship. Kristen is super intense and is one badass not to be reckoned with. The focus and seriousness she brings cannot be overemphasized! Courtney, Wanda, Linda and Sara are on fire, and they must take caution to not explode audience members brains in the process.

I met Kristen after the show, and was happy to see she had a friendly and open personality, that has always been a typical Iron Maiden trait.

Paladino's - I'm there!

Am I mistaken that Rhime was never performed until this formation? You guys nailed it note for note!

Rime was 1st played by the 2nd line up in Nov 2002. It was also played by the 3rd and 4th line ups. It was never played by the complete 5th line up, but it was played at that one show after Heather left and before Aja left.

The 6th (current) line up 1st played it at the Galaxy Theater on August 1st.

Hey Acujer, It's Courtney's mom- Yes Courtney did two tours with Jon Anderson from YES. Jon actually bowed to Courtney on Stage in Conneticut after she did a solo opening to Owner of a Lonely heart at age 17, which can be seen on youtube (she looks so different then) search Courtney Cox- owner intro

Here are links to a few more on youtube with Courtney and Jon: Hope u enjoy these Acujer!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CVy4AgmE[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
In summary, this new formation is not only the strongest, but gels together better than I have ever seen the band. The band has reached the Epic level of musicianship. Kristen is super intense and is one badass not to be reckoned with. The focus and seriousness she brings cannot be overemphasized! Courtney, Wanda, Linda and Sara are on fire, and they must take caution to not explode audience members brains in the process.

Wowee! When I slipped you that $20 to post something really nice about me on the boards, you really outdid yourself. :lol:

But, really, THANK YOU for such an explosive, nuclear holocaust meltdown, 8.0-Richter scale, flame-shooting, circuit breaker-blowing review! I shall print it out and sleep with it under my pillow. :D And, yes, we have had a few incidences where audience members' heads have exploded--but that's all in the past and we've worked out the kinks so that no longer happens. :lol:

In all seriousness, it's my pleasure and a privilege to be a member of this band AND to rock out with such enthusiastic fellow Maiden fans as YOU. So thank YOU, Acujer. Until next time, up the irons!:headbang:

WOW!~ That's one proud mom, as she should be. Courtney is truly exceptional. Of course, Owner of a Lonely Heart, isn't one of Yes's strongest songs, but I can't believe he did Close to the Edge with them. Of course, Courtney on Owner still rocked the house!

Being a hard core fan of both Yes and Iron Maiden, I see a very strong similarity between them. Iron Maiden is truly, the YES of metal. Their best stuff being from 1970-1979. I'll have to ask Miss Cox how she liked that tour.

Kristen, my review didn't even come close to doing justice to what you've brought to this band!

Yes, the inner peace, calm and harmonious existence that also flows over to crew and management. It's amazing how 1 bad apple can taint the entire barrel if left to poison the entire lot. It is also wonderful to have a singer who properly hits all of Bruce's notes and doesn't try to cheat with shrilled glottal fry screams or the flawed use of so-called "technique" to cover their vocal inaccuracies. Of Kirsten's 17+ shows she has hit notes and audiences have applauded and cheered mid song, which has never happened in the previous line up. Regrettably, the previous singer put so much of an R&B spin along with her own misinterpreted versions that many, many, many people came up to me after our most recent shows to say how happy they are that the new singer we have is 110% true to the original versions and how they just stopped coming because they couldn't take or didn't like what the previous singer was doing. The fact that we can perform songs like "Cross Eyed Mary" and other vocally challenging songs that we couldn't do before because the previous singer did not have the range or ability opens up such new horizons for us that now the sky is the limit. Add to that Courtney and Kirsten's stage presence and intense show performances and they are a perfect fit with the original holy trinity line up of Wanda, Sara and Linda.
:kickass::headbang::kickass:

Hey you know what, DRZ, this is the best lineup, but I really loved the last line up too. I thought Aja was great. She resonated the lighter, kind side of Iron Maiden and many fans loved it. I found her voice very inspiring. Heather was great too. Of course, I know nothing about any inner turmoil.

Now that we have Kristen, we can see the band had higher levels to reach, which they did. We can now see the band is in a much more harmonious state. The chemistry now seems well fit, and truly hitting the foundation of what Iron Maiden and Metal is about. Kristen brings the true ROCK! In hindsight, now I see this is the way the band was meant to be!

It seems Linda, that your drumming is even more powerful, tighter, and your doing more. Kind of like trying more things. More syncopations maybe? Just a stronger spark in your efforts I guess. Hard to describe, but something like that I think.

Its like this new lineup has ALLOWED Sara, Linda and Wanda to fully unleash what was already there, but couldn't fully access it.

I'm counting the days to Saturday. Tempted to go Friday, as Cane's rocks. Nice little taco shop around the corner as well.
I'm bringing my helmet!

Yes, the inner peace, calm and harmonious existence that also flows over to crew and management. It's amazing how 1 bad apple can taint the entire barrel if left to poison the entire lot. It is also wonderful to have a singer who properly hits all of Bruce's notes and doesn't try to cheat with shrilled glottal fry screams or the flawed use of so-called "technique" to cover their vocal inaccuracies. Of Kirsten's 17+ shows she has hit notes and audiences have applauded and cheered mid song, which has never happened in the previous line up. Regrettably, the previous singer put so much of an R&B spin along with her own misinterpreted versions that many, many, many people came up to me after our most recent shows to say how happy they are that the new singer we have is 110% true to the original versions and how they just stopped coming because they couldn't take or didn't like what the previous singer was doing. The fact that we can perform songs like "Cross Eyed Mary" and other vocally challenging songs that we couldn't do before because the previous singer did not have the range or ability opens up such new horizons for us that now the sky is the limit. Add to that Courtney and Kirsten's stage presence and intense show performances and they are a perfect fit with the original holy trinity line up of Wanda, Sara and Linda.
:kickass::headbang::kickass:

While I can completely appreciate how awesome a lead singer Kirsten is and how happy the band is to have her onboard, I also think that Aja was a fantastic singer in her own right as well and was completely on fire in every live performance I'd ever seen with her and the Iron Maidens. Groups change and mature over time, and perhaps it was time for a change, but its not fair to say Aja wasn't a good vocalist and front person, because many fans, myself included really liked her very much. However I am happy that after such a long time where we didn't hear anything from the Iron Maidens, now we have them back strong once again. I think Kirsten and Aja are both good singers and it is unfair to compare the two of them because they both have different styles.

Up the Irons! And the Maidens! \m/

Hey you know what, DRZ, this is the best lineup, but I really loved the last line up too. I thought Aja was great. She resonated the lighter, kind side of Iron Maiden and many fans loved it. I found her voice very inspiring. Heather was great too. Of course, I know nothing about any inner turmoil.

Exactly. This is completely how I feel. The new lineup is great, but the old one was awesome too. I never knew about any inner turmoil either. From the pit, the Iron Maidens have always been an amazing group no matter who was singing.

BTW, sorry for the double post, I do not know how to quote two posts in a single entry.

Exactly. This is completely how I feel. The new lineup is great, but the old one was awesome too. I never knew about any inner turmoil either. From the pit, the Iron Maidens have always been an amazing group no matter who was singing.

quote]

..Or playing guitar. Thanks, that is a compliment in itself as we like to be professional and not let any inner turmoil show. :kickass:Heather was a gem. True, Aja was a great vocalist/front person in her own right, just absolutely not the right one for us. :saint:

I have read the above posts in disbelief. It is just SO WRONG to publicly bash former bandmembers that way. These thoughts should have been kept private within the Iron Maidens.

Shame on the band.

Since I started this thread, I should say, I hope you know that my posts were in no way saying anything negative about past band members. I really have nothing negative to say about them.

If Roger Waters can talk shit about David Gilmore for 30 years, why can't The Iron Maidens? Everyone likes a little bit of drama anyway.

I have read the above posts in disbelief. It is just SO WRONG to publicly bash former bandmembers that way. These thoughts should have been kept private within the Iron Maidens.

Shame on the band.

Shame on the band???? For what? What band member bashed any former member in this thread??? Our true thoughts HAVE been kept private within The Iron Maidens, Nancy, believe me. Please respect our diplomacy on the continual tap dance on this subject - it has not been easy biting the tongue on such disgusting behavior from an individual, yet our silence still remains, as does our pride and integrity. Let's change the subject please. Thank you.

Allright, now I gotta know. You can't just leave us on a cliff hanger.

Disgusting behavior? Awe man, the suspense. Please tell us more.

Status
Not open for further replies.