Best Maidens Line Up Yet! My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha like you didn't just do it already.

Hmm the images in my mind of disgusting behavior. Let's see, she did have that obnoxious fur coat.

I have to say "I told ya so!" So many people here were freaked out over the line up changes and I think forgetting it's only a tribute band. Didn't I say They'd find some new kick ass chicks and al;l would be good? Well there's the proof! The Maidens are still kicking ass and stronger than ever!

Wowza, folks! Thank you for the very generous and gracious compliments. As a fan-from-afar of the band for years, I knew that--from the fans' perspective--Aja left some very big shoes to fill. Which makes me feel even more honored and flattered (and downright giddy) by your kind words. Believe me, it means a lot. Long live The Iron Maidens!

Shame on the band???? For what? What band member bashed any former member in this thread??? Our true thoughts HAVE been kept private within The Iron Maidens, Nancy, believe me. Please respect our diplomacy on the continual tap dance on this subject - it has not been easy biting the tongue on such disgusting behavior from an individual, yet our silence still remains, as does our pride and integrity. Let's change the subject please. Thank you.

Linda, I just wish that things would have been kept quiet about Aja's departure. As a fan, it is better to have been kept a mystery.

Anyway, I still will never forget the first time that I saw the Maidens back in 2004. I went to the show because I was so fired up to see Linda McDonald from Phantom Blue!!. Hell Yeah!! Anyway, while watching that first Maidens show, I so happy to finally see you perform live, however Aja also blew my mind that night. Her presence was simply electrifying. The same type of stage presence that Joan Jett has.
:headbang:

I'm sure whatever went on within the band, doesn't even compare to most of the crap band members do from most of the bands we listen to. I bet most famous musicians and actors are narcissistic self centered jerks who live in a world completely centered around them.

Linda, I just wish that things would have been kept quiet about Aja's departure. As a fan, it is better to have been kept a mystery.

Anyway, I still will never forget the first time that I saw the Maidens back in 2004. I went to the show because I was so fired up to see Linda McDonald from Phantom Blue!!. Hell Yeah!! Anyway, while watching that first Maidens show, I so happy to finally see you perform live, however Aja also blew my mind that night. Her presence was simply electrifying. The same type of stage presence that Joan Jett has.
:headbang:

I think we've been pretty darn good about keeping things swept under the carpet here, considering most peeps here don't seem to know what really happened and we try to keep it that way best we can. The muse story is just fine. And yes, her stage presence was grand.

I'm really glad you came to see us in 2004. That was an amazing journey and one of the scariest van rides the band has ever experienced!! Talk about a great white knuckler! OMG! We've never ridden in a white out before! :zombie: I hope we make it back out your way sometime soon, preferably in the non-winter months though! :headbang:

I'm really glad you came to see us in 2004. That was an amazing journey and one of the scariest van rides the band has ever experienced!! Talk about a great white knuckler! OMG! We've never ridden in a white out before! :zombie: I hope we make it back out your way sometime soon, preferably in the non-winter months though! :headbang:

No, the first time I saw the Maidens was while on vacation in big, bad LA.

You got that right about not coming to Minneapolis in winter. Many local musicians and myself included, WILL NOT travel outside of the metro area, and certainly not to North Dakota in winter. One can die out there in the frozen icy tundra. Those must have been the gigs from hell for the Maidens.

I'll chime in with my $0.02 on this subject.

When I first saw the Maidens on January 2008, I wasn't there for any particular member; I was there to see the band as a whole. Yes, many of us were in disbelief when certain members departed last year, but I accepted the fact that it's a growing process that every band goes through. I've always been supportive of Linda, Sara and Wanda since day one; and I am especially proud of both Kirsten and Courtney - not only for being the newest members, but for being such good people to talk to (at least online for Kirsten, as I have yet to meet her in person). Hopefully, in the near future, I will see the Maidens once more.

Oh yeah, it's good to see Acujer actually say something positive about the Maidens, especially after all those things he said about them in the past.

What's wrong with you dude? I never said one negative thing about this band ever. Never! Are you fuckin high?

Status
Not open for further replies.