Best Metal Albums of 2010

the Watain album picks up steam about 3-4 tracks in.
and Maiestrit is NB's best damn work I think.
Everything clicked on that one including the production, which i think is nice and fat.

Yeah, it's not as good as TRANSMUTATIONS. But, it's still good. Everyone praises the production though, whereas I think it totally detracts from the album. It just sounds weird to me.
It is weird! It sounds like the new Danzig: the vocals are completely disconnected from the band. A minor complaint, but still.
the Watain album picks up steam about 3-4 tracks in.
and Maiestrit is NB's best damn work I think.
Everything clicked on that one including the production, which i think is nice and fat.
I'll try Watain again later. I think I went it in with the wrong attitude anyhow. But at first blush I just went :err: and quit.

Okay, I absolutely ADORE the original production for Maiastru Sfetnic, it's just so god damn suffocating, but in an amazing way. The first track of Maiastrit made me groan because I thought they killed the mood, but then I got it, and was not disappointed. I only listened once so far, so we'll see how it stacks up against the original in time.

oh man, I love MS as well and I always heard layers upon layers of shit stacked in that muddy production. and it was golden.
I don't know how they managed to top it with the re-recording, considering its a 180 sound wise.
I guess it just means that those songs kick ass no matter what.

do any of you still think the new NB is good? I haven't been tempted to spin it again after the first time.

I've listened to the new "negura bunget" several times since, and my original sentiments prevail. Sounds like a bunch of wannabe's going "this is like what the old band use to play, right?!". The first track would have been fucking GREAT had they extended the metal part at the end. It ends way too abruptly.

Maiestrit is fantastic, aye.

why is this in the Metal Albums thread?
I really used to love the Black Crowes. their first few discs are amazing from front to back. then, Chris met Hollywood pussy and made records that didn't have 1 track that could hold my attention.

anyway, the whole thing is here Ken:
http://www.spinner.com/new-releases#/2

:kickass: Zoroaster - Matador :kickass:

Doomcifer you must hear this. If you haven't already.

EDIT: This album is an interesting combination. Half the songs are total Sleep worship, not entirely original, but damn solid. The others are almost blackened thrash. I guess they trade in their bongs for beers and BloodFireDeath sometimes. Keen.

Espers - s/t
Fleurety - min tid skal komme
Gentle Giant - s/t
Leonard Cohen - Songs of Love and Hate
Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen
Peter Gabriel - Up

Solace released their long-awaited new album back in June?!?!?! OMGWTFORZXZX!!!!!!!!111

SS-093.jpg

I listened to Matador a couple of times last night. Fuck me it's really good. It's like Mammatus but without the excellent sword fight.