Black Label Society - Bridge To Cross
Black Label Society - Rust
Black Label Society - Just Killing Time

They make some beautiful ballads.

Death Angel - A Room With A View

Relaxing song.

Pantera - Cemetary Gates
Pantera - The Sleep
Pantera - 10's (They Can't Destroy My Body)
Pantera - Floods

No one has mentioned these yet.

Great thread.

Judas Priest - Beyond the Realms of Death
Judas Priest - Dreamer Deceiver :cool:
Judas Priest - Touch of Evil
Iron Maiden - Revelations
Iron Maiden - Infinite Dreams
Opeth - To Bid You Farewell (probably my favorite ballad of all time)
Dream Theater - Space Dye Vest
Helloween - A Tale That Wasn't Right
Demons and Wizards - Fiddler on the Greeen
Iced Earth - A Question of Heaven
Savatage - When the Crowds are Gone
Savatage - One Child
Savatage - Strange Wings

I could go on and on, but I'll leave it at just these.

The Ritual is very very good- but is it ballad material? I suppose it is to Meshuggah. Funny how I should classify ballads as only those slow and pretentious songs that I almost always skip. I still think Return to Serenity by Testament is the best, if i am to stay deluded with my definition of the ballad.

speed said:
The Ritual is very very good- but is it ballad material? I suppose it is to Meshuggah. Funny how I should classify ballads as only those slow and pretentious songs that I almost always skip. I still think Return to Serenity by Testament is the best, if i am to stay deluded with my definition of the ballad.

Yeah, I guess it is stretching the common definition around here, but it is the only song Meshuggah has done like that, at least that I know of. It is my personal favorite of theirs, there is actually emotion in it, and when I write a ballad it usually is in that style, not very ballady. Hey, it is a great song.

Iced Earth - A Question of Heaven
.... the greatest ballad ever written, nothing else compares

And I agree with murai about Pantera, they make incredible ballads too, Cemetary Gates, Hollow, Suicide Note Pt.1, 10's, Floods, all incredible. Pantera is probably the only band I know where the ballads are so good that they are probably their best songs overall, even though I like all Pantera.

IOfTheStorm said:
Crimson Glory-Lost Reflection
Queensryche-I Will Remember
Scorpions-In Trance
Psychotic Waltz-I Remember

This man is wise. :cool:

Lost Reflection by Crimson Glory is hands down the greatest ballad ever. I've yet to hear a vocalist who could match Midnight's unbelievable performance on this song.

Profånity said:
:lol: There's no ballads in Metal, a ballad is everything Metal isn't.

Metal bands play/write ballads but those songs they write aren't Metal.

Well it looks like Mr. Beast's boyfriend has stopped by to contribute his two cents.... :rolleyes: