Best Metal Bands tournament

Yeah around the time Janick learns how to play :devil:

That doesn't bother me.... I really don't care that much for him... although he has written a couple of good songs for the band.

You gotta come up with something better than that querido :heh:

You gotta come up with something better than that querido :heh:

Motorhead wins because unlike Iron Maiden hadn't fucked up an album since 1976, so let's see last time Iron Maiden had a good album was 1988, that was... oh yeah 13 Motorhead albums ago. :devil:

Did I improved this time?

Love you :saint:

Wyv

Hey you two, don't make me come in there.

Hey don't come here that's dirty go to the bathroom :err:

I thought Steppenwolf invented heavy metal... "heavy metal thunder" :)

Well according to "legend" the term was coined by Sandy Pearlman who was Blue Oyster Cult manager and guru in the beginning. But yeah 'Born To Be Wild' brought it to us so many years ago isn't it (1968)? According to Wikipedia
The song introduced to rock lyrics the signature term "heavy metal" (in fact, not about a kind of music, but about a bike: "I like smoke and lightning, heavy metal thunder, racin' with the wind...").
Read the link is kind of interesting in the part of the term history.

NP: Iced Earth - 'Order Of The Rose'

Richard Trevithick created the locomotive, "it was too heavy for the cast iron rails used at the time" now thats heavy metal boys! There for he created the first rolling thunder, therefore making him the creater of the heavy metal sound. This would make Grand Funk Railroad the first metal band by default and Jethro Tulls, Locomotive Breath the first heavy metal song by default....... there! now we have the history of heavy metal

Richard Trevithick created the locomotive, "it was too heavy for the cast iron rails used at the time" now thats heavy metal boys! There for he created the first rolling thunder, therefore making him the creater of the heavy metal sound. This would make Grand Funk Railroad the first metal band by default and Jethro Tulls, Locomotive Breath the first heavy metal song by default....... there! now we have the history of heavy metal
:lol:

For the most part I disagree with your philosophy, but the first few sentences are true.
Every music style is evolving continuously. I pretty much hate rap music, but some of the very early rap like Run DMC came from rock music. I like some of that. Music progresses and the line is fuzzy on what is one genre and what is another.
Accept also started out sounding pretty much "hard rock" when they debuted. I still consider them metal, but I also take into consideration the time frame. Ronnie Dio might be the best example. If Dio isn't metal, then the genre doesn't exist.... as he is popularly known as "the voice of metal" yet he started singing rock and roll.

Bryant

That's a good point. But the way I always look at it is, if a band came out today, how metal would they be considered to be? We all know that Judas Priest was the metal gods, and always will be. But if a new band came out on the radio today sounding like them, I don't think people would consider it metal. People are always talking about this band isn't metal and that band isn't metal. We've had all these bands like Rage Against The Machine, Alice In Chains, Audioslave, who are being pretty heavy for rock bands. So I personally don't think Priest would be considered metal if they were new today. Keep in mind that I LIKE JP. I like rock. And Priest's latest stuff has been pretty heavy so that might still be considered metal.

Motorhead wins because unlike Iron Maiden hadn't fucked up an album since 1976, so let's see last time Iron Maiden had a good album was 1988, that was... oh yeah 13 Motorhead albums ago. :devil:

Did I improved this time?

Love you :saint:

Wyv

Hey don't come here that's dirty go to the bathroom :err:

I guess it works if you wanna use the SAME formula in every album, to e/a their own :heh:

I bed to differ, Maiden was not on top in the 90's although some great songs were spawned... but in 2000 they came back with a BANG... :worship:

I guess it works if you wanna use the SAME formula in every album, to e/a their own :heh:
Perfection needs no modification! :devil:

I bed to differ, Maiden was not on top in the 90's although some great songs were spawned... but in 2000 they came back with a BANG... :worship:
According to T.S. Eliot it's a whimper :p

Oh Pabla, this forum will be soooo boring without our silly discussions, te quiero chica ;)

NP: Amaran's Plight - Incident At Haldeman's Lake

P.S. BNW (except for 'Nomad') it's a very good album but I stand my ground that DOD and AMOLAD are boring.

modern science has proven:

everytime a heavier metal is discovered
all other metals turn to rock

dut dada

modern science has proven:

everytime a heavier metal is discovered
all other metals turn to rock

dut dada

That's chemically wrong. Rock is basically made out of silicon oxide, while heavier metals still pure elements (silicon by the way is a non-metal just below carbon in the element's periodic table). :cool:

NP: Brain Surgeons NYC - 'Jimmy Boots Fetish'

She used to be an ironhorse
Twenty years ago
Used to bring the mail to me
Through the ice and snow
I've sat alone and watched her
Steaming through the night
Ninety tons of thunder
Lighting up the sky

She was a princess of the night
I saw the writing on the wall
She was a princess of the night