Best metal CDs of 2005 so far...

56k modem and people always needing to use the phone makes that a bitch. Plus i prefer to hear music in its full context; ie. the entire cd at once.

So thanks for nothing trey.

Well, so far 2005 has been almost nothing but disappointments. The new Klimt 1918, Soilwork, Novembers Doom, and Meshuggah are really lame compared to their earlier albums (but not BAD), the new Dark Suns was good for a listen or two, the new Dark Tranquillity is completely bland, and the new Immolation is pretty snore too. Oh, and that Katatonia live cd is pretty weak too. The new Strapping Young Lad has a couple awesome songs (like Skeksis) but overall is fairly bland. AND I THINK THAT IS ALL I HAVE HEARD.

KennonKun said:
Kreator's new album Enemy Of God is pretty good, but it's only worth it if you really like them, since it's their 12th album or whatever. Unbelievably tight, though.

The new Rapture (The Silent Stage) is also pretty sweet.
Shit. I picked up my copy and looked at the back and sure enough, it's dated 2005. Forgot about that. Gotta love that album. I like their sound even more now than back in the 80's and early 90's. Have to add that to the list. It is one of the best.

dark tranquillity - character

i cant wait to get the new moonsorrow and i heard the new cephalic carnage is awesome.

You people need to slow down...bloodbath - nightmares made flesh and the new enslaved - isa are NOT FROM 2005...they're 2004. I know bloodbath was released in the US in 05', but it still isn't 05'.

I'd say so far top 10 is:
Kreator - Enemy of God
Dark Tranquillity - Character
Blood Red Throne - Altered Genesis
Lost Soul - Chaostream
Odious Mortem - Devouring the Prophecy
Taake - Doedskvad
Novembers Doom - Pale Haunt Departure
Evoken - The Antithesis of Light
Mors Principium Est - The Unborn
Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution

some runners up I guess would be the new Immolation, Impaled and Paradise Lost. As for all the albums I've heard so far, only about 5 albums really blow me away being improvements and/or great progressions from the band's previous releases. But surely by the end of this year 2005 will have 2004 beat with the new Nevermore, Opeth, Misery Index, Devourment, Obituary, Solitude Aeturnus etc releases. Peace all.

Not much good stuff out yet...but:
Brodequin - Methods of execution
Death Reality- Bloodprints
Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh
Can't remember more...the new Kreator sucks.

PS Forgot Goratory - Rice On Suede
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif

my list goes like this:
Ulver - Blood Inside ( :) actually, i dind't hear it yet, but i have some samples .. and blood inside is going to be the best post2000 album..)
PT - Deadwing
65 days of static - the fall of math
kent - Du Jag Och Döden
Pantheist - Amartia
Shining - In the Kingdom of Kitsch you Will be a Monster
NILE - Anihilation of the Wicked!!! (very, very, very good!)
---
i almost forgot new Mourning Beloveth and new Silver Mt. Zion - Horses in the Sky
both albums are awesome.

Frantic Bleep-"The Sense Apparatus"
Enslaved-"Isa" (2005 in the US so I'm counting it)
Primordial-"The Gathering Wilderness"
Epoch of Unlight-"The Continuum Hypothesis"
Silver Mt. Zion-"Horses in the Sky" (not metal, but still amazing)

as many great albums as all of last year so far and new Opeth, Ulver, Solefald, Arcturus, and Subterranean Masquerade are still coming.

Kreator - Enemy of God
Dark Tranquillity - Character
Kamelot - Black Halo... Fuckin Amazing
Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh
I checked out Novembers doom and Primordial, i didnt like either, the vocalist isnt my type of thing.

He Who Dwellest in the Night said:
... and Subterranean Masquerade are still coming.
yes, you can find one song from Subterranean Masquerade's new album "Suspended Animation Dreams".. song is caled "No Place Like Home" and it's excellent!
it's quite incredible that bend with only 2 songs so far (3 now :) ) has so distinctive and immediately recognisable style.