Top 5 cds you like so far in early 2005?

Candlemass - Candlemass
Judas Priest- Angel Of Retribution
Kreator - Enemy Of God
High On Fire - Blessed Black Wings
Spruce Bruce - Tyranny Of Souls

New Drudkh was a disappointment, and I don't remember hearing ANY new Death Metal I was impressed with. I eagerly await the new Countess and Graveland, in the Black Metal side...then there's Heathen, Helstar, Agent Steel, Virgin Steele, HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY.

Jean-Pierre said:
Candlemass - Candlemass
Kreator - Enemy Of God
High On Fire - Blessed Black Wings
Spruce Bruce - Tyranny Of Souls

New Drudkh was a disappointment, and I don't remember hearing ANY new Death Metal I was impressed with. I eagerly await the new Countess and Graveland, in the Black Metal side...then there's Heathen, Helstar, Agent Steel, Virgin Steele, HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY.
You have heard of Behemoth, Bloodbath and Blood red Throne right? They are not the most impressing bands... but they are really good.

AsModEe said:
You have heard of Behemoth, Bloodbath and Blood red Throne right? They are not the most impressing bands... but they are really good.

Bloodbath isn't impressive in the least. Blood Red Throne is overrated. Behemoth is amazing live, and Demigod is allright, but it's definitely not a best of this year.

I forgot about Primordial's The Gathering Wilderness. That's another release from this year I liked. And I haven't heard the new Candlemass, either. :(

The new candlemass is a self-titled??? Pretty ironic, considering most bands use a self-titled as their debut albums... not when they've been in the business for 20 years.

Immolation - Harnessing Ruin
Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked
Novembers Doom - The Pale Haunt Departure
Shining - IV - The Eerie Cold

I'd also add Behemoth and Bloodbath to the list but I find it hard to think of them as 2005 releases since I've had them both since last October.

Candlemass-s/t
Dark Tranquility-Character
Immolation-Harnessing Ruin
Kreator-Enemy of God

The new Soilwork fucking sucks, so does the last one. I really enjoy the first four especially 'A Predators Portrait'. I want to hear the new Bruce Dickinson album badly. Hopefully it has the same line up as Chemical Wedding.

I don't know, J-P...that ending to "Conquer All" is up there for one of the best musical moments ever...

AHA! Found it on Chromatose's FTP! Scoreoscosoeresceeooeresceocsoscosoroecosere!!

I don't really have a list yet...Angel of Retribution kicked ass, Enemy of God was pretty good, Demigod was okay, and I've heard nothing else worth mentioning. Need to check out new Candlemass and OVARKILL.

Have you heard "Kill Devil Hill?"

Edit: Good work. And ReliXIV sounds fucking ARRRHARRGHAAARRARRRARRR THRASHTASTIC MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!

Uuuuh...

Meshuggah - Catch 33 and Taake - ...Doedskvad are the only ones that have really stood out for me so far...

There's still plenty more to come...

Dark Tranquility - Character
Behemoth - Demigod
Strapping Young Lad - Alien "A bit dissapointed, but I guess I raised the bar too high"
Kreator - Enemy of God

unknown said:
nevermore - enemies of reality remix (I guess this doesn't really count does it?)
Im very curious to know if the remix is worth buying (or worth the effort to d/l).