What concerts have you been to so far this year?

7thSaviour said:
Heck no! I mean I'm selling the Friday night ticket for PPVI. I'm NOT gonna miss the reunion tour, and besides, I really only like Angra of all the opening night bands. Saturday night's lineup may be the best ever for one night, though. Hail! See y'all there.
well good luck with that. seen MC two times....1981...1983...that was enough for me. Hope you have a good time and enjoy the freak show~ :loco:

Thanks, booB. That means a lot from you, ol' pal! There's not even a single band on opening night's bill that I like BETTER than the Crue. I like Angra ALMOST as much, though. :cool:

well... I DO think you're insane for missing Conception (seeing them may be a once-in-a-lifetime oportunity)... and you better get your ass to the pre-party, so you can behold the godliness that is Orphaned Land... but if you're worried you might not get to see the Crue again, you gotta go to the show you're going to enjoy more. Hell, if Morgana Lefay, Virgin Steele, and Savatage (w/ Zak Stevens) were playing on Saturday, I'd skip out on ProgPower that night, too. ;)

Barking Pumpkin said:
Not SYL? :D I don't blame you, I didn't think the mix was very good.......it's not great at The Masquerade in general though, so not a surprise.....-_-

Well, actually I wasn't listing any of the metal shows, since I've lost track as to which shows were in 2005. I could check my photo pages for some of the dates; SYL, and Soilwork/Dark Tranquillity/Hypocrisy/Mnemic were both great shows.

I don't recall dates...

Sonata Arctica - Cleveland OH @ The Odeon
BWBK 6 Pack Weekend Friday Night - Cleveland OH @ The Odeon
Porcupine Tree - Cleveland OH @ The House of Blues

Seems like I've seen one or two more than this...but I know I haven't.

i may come to cleveland on for this Megadeth/Nevermore tour.... is that a cool venue? The Tower City Amp? Any decent hotels really near by?

I'm not sure about hotels in the area (its downtown, I live in the 'burbs), but the venue is cool. DT has played there the last 3 summer tours in a row. The only downside for those shows was that it was seated with General Admission standing room in the back. For Gigantour its all GA though, which is good. Good sound, too.

This year has been a bit of "pick and choose" and not hitting everything. But here it goes:
Mar. 8 - Motley Crue-Value City Arena.
Apr. 7 - Steve Vai w/Eric Sardinas-Newport Music Hall.
May 30 - Judas Priest w/Queensryche-Blossom Music Center (opening night of the tour).

I have tickets for Hammerfall/Edguy and of course Porgpower.

February--Rik Emmett
March--Ozric Tentacles
April--Powerfest '05, Steve Vai, Europe
May--Classic Metal Fest 5
June--Judas Priest, Marillion

Coming soon: Asia, Journey, Whitesnake, The Dan Band (hilarious!), Gigantour, Hammerfall, ProgPower, Stratovarius

I think that's hefty enough.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Met-Al said:
March--Ozric Tentacles

Good to see some Ozrics love here! :tickled: For a non-metal band, they draw a surprising amount of attention from people in the metal world, including Opeth, Mike Portnoy, Brian Fair of Shadow's Fall, and Gregoor Van Der Loo (ex-Lemur Voice), among many others. :headbang:

7thSaviour said:
Heck no! I mean I'm selling the Friday night ticket for PPVI. I'm NOT gonna miss the reunion tour, and besides, I really only like Angra of all the opening night bands. Saturday night's lineup may be the best ever for one night, though. Hail! See y'all there.

Debating leaving early on Friday night as well to catch

Napalm Death/Obituary at the Masquerade...

I am not debating... I am there!!!! :)
I love Obituary, they are one of my all time favorite bands and I can not miss them....

zekeyou said:
Debating leaving early on Friday night as well to catch

Napalm Death/Obituary at the Masquerade...

Year is starting to look a lot better in the last couple of days! Starts with a free mini festival with Primal Fear as headliner, then in October I have Royal Hunt, Epica + The Old Dead Tree, Shaaman + Brainstorm, Gamma Ray, and later on Helloween and Stratovarius + HammerFall. I'm sure there will be more announced soon. Fuck yeah!!!

Let's see if I can recall

Tesla twice
Y&T
Into Eternity, BtE, Amorphis
Lynch Mob
Chicago Powerfest - Morgana Lefay and Tad Morose + others
Kreator,Vader,Imagika
Queensryche
Soilwork,Dark Tranquility
Testament,Queensryche & Judas Priest
Testament, Laaz Rockit, Hirax, Imagika, Kaos + Others last weekend, b-day bash!!! Rawked!!!!

Bear

wow, cool... :)

wo
Bear said:

Tesla twice
Y&T
Lynch Mob
Kreator,Vader,Imagika
Queensryche
Testament, Laaz Rockit, Hirax, Imagika, Kaos + Others last weekend, b-day bash!!! Rawked!!!!

Bear

Bear said:

Tesla twice
Y&T
Lynch Mob
Kreator,Vader,Imagika
Queensryche

Bear

Oh man, some great shows there! How was Y&T? One of my old
favorites, I just pulled out Y&T LIVE (farewell show, heh) and refreshed
my memory on how good these guys were...