What concerts have you been to so far this year?

Pellaz said:
Well, I've seen a fair number of metal shows, so some of the other shows stand out: Porcupine Tree at the Roxy a short while ago, and Ozric Tentacles at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC, and again at the Neighborhood Theater in Charlotte back in March. (!)

Not SYL? :D I don't blame you, I didn't think the mix was very good.......it's not great at The Masquerade in general though, so not a surprise.....-_-

For me its been:

Allan Holdsworth
Kreator
James LaBrie
Kreator (again :headbang: )
Lilitu

Upcoming:

Allan Holdsworth (again - tomorrow!)
Asia (to see guitar god Guthrie Govan...really I'm not an 80s arena rock fan ;) )
Edguy
Gigantour
Progpower (duh :p)

:cool:

Pretty slow so far:

1. Collective Soul 3 times in 3 small venues!! My wife's fav band - I like 'em too.
2. Billy Idol - small venue - Steve Stevens and ex-DT keyboardist (BRAIN FART on the name!!).
3. Velvet Revolver - TWICE!! What a band!!

Coming up:

1. Ted Nugent, Jackyl and some other bands at a bike ralley in Dallas.
2. Crue
3. Ozzfest - Sabbath, Velvet Revolver (can't get enough!!), BLS, Rob Zombie
4. PP

Also going to see James Rivera's new band - Killing Machine at a local club. My budz - Mystic Cross with a new singer - called Six Minute Century is opening.

Good year.

Chris :headbang:

I saw Porcupine Tree back in May. Can't wait for them to come back to the States again in the fall.

Wanted to see Opeth about a week ago, but just couldn't fathom sitting through the rest of the bands on that Sounds of the Underground Tour.

I havent been to many
March in Atlanta-Lamb of God/Shadows Fall
April 8th in VA-Overkill
April 18th in KY- Overkill
May 5th or 6th in Atlanta-Velvet Revolver
June 21st in Atlanta-Priest/Queensryche

looks like we attend the same shows... wish i would have went to overkill

lifesadream said:
I havent been to many
March in Atlanta-Lamb of God/Shadows Fall
April 8th in VA-Overkill
April 18th in KY- Overkill
May 5th or 6th in Atlanta-Velvet Revolver
June 21st in Atlanta-Priest/Queensryche

Just saw the local Priest/Ryche show and the local Manowar/Rhapsody show, as well. Hail! Both shows ruled! Am going to see Motley Crue at Philips Arena in September!

its cool when you dont have to really travel and they come to your town. How many do travel though? (besides for Progpower)

Yeah, it is indeed cool, but there are MANY shows that just do not play in Hotlanta, for whatever reasons. We are being left off the Ozzfest and Hammerfall tour iteneraries. Thank God Dave Mustaine had his boys book Gwinnett for Gigantour. Plus, Nightwish cancelled on us, AGAIN! Hail to PPUSA!

Well, four hours to go to a few concerts in Atlanta a year. Three hours to Myrtle Beach. There are more in Atlanta than Myrtle Beach, though.

7thSaviour said:
Yeah, it is indeed cool, but there are MANY shows that just do not play in Hotlanta, for whatever reasons. We are being left off the Ozzfest and Hammerfall tour iteneraries. Thank God Dave Mustaine had his boys book Gwinnett for Gigantour. Plus, Nightwish cancelled on us, AGAIN! Hail to PPUSA!
Yes, indeed, the Crue show is on Opening Night of PPUSA. That's why I'm trying to sell my ticket. Anybody interested in a ticket for the Friday gig? LMK. metalpuck@hotmail.com
Thanks.

Its been a slow year for me......however.....JUDAS PRIEST is tonite in SoCal!!
Coming up for me is:
July 16th - Heart (taking the future wife.....and I kinda like 'em as well)
July 29th - Y&T
August 29th and 30th - Hammerfall and Edguy
October 9th and 10th - Stratovarius
November 16th - Stryper (for my 80's flashback fix)

Let me see if I can remember how many shows I have been to.

Rick Emmet- House of Blues
Seven Witches- JJ Kelly's
Ozric Tentacles- The Abbey
Chicago Powerfest- JJ Kelly's
Steve Vai- House of Blues
Europe- House of Blues
Classic Metal Fest- JJ Kelly's
Judas Priest- Tweeter Center
Marillion- The Double Door

Shows coming up
Whitesnake
The Dan Band
Gigantour
Hammerfall/Edguy
PROG POWER!:headbang:

Heck no! I mean I'm selling the Friday night ticket for PPVI. I'm NOT gonna miss the reunion tour, and besides, I really only like Angra of all the opening night bands. Saturday night's lineup may be the best ever for one night, though. Hail! See y'all there.

Normally, I'd advise you to skip the Crue this time around, and see them on the next tour... but, considering your luck for having tours skip over you...