What concerts have you been to so far this year?

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Make a list of all the shows you have been to this year thus far...

1/15/2005- Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ - Twisted Sister (performing as Bent Brother)

1/18/2005- Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ - XYZ

2/12/2005 - Crocodile Rock in Allentown, PA - Seven Witches

2/16/2005 - BB Kings in NYC - Misery Index, Cattle Decapitation, Behemoth, and Suffocation

2/27/2005 - BB Kings in NYC - Morbid Angel

3/9/2005 – Starland Ballroom in Sayreville. NJ – Arctic Flame, Brand New Sin, Zeke, Corrosion of Conformity, and Motorhead

4/3/2005 – The Saint in Asbury Park, NJ – Battle of the Bands Round 1 - Severed Hand

4/3/2005 – BB Kings in NYC – Pro-Pain, Vader, and Kreator

4/14/05 – BB Kings in NYC – Sonata Arctica and Overkill (only first couple of Overkill)

4/19/05 – BB Kings in NYC – Behemoth, Black Dahlia Murder, Nile, and King Diamond

4/23/05 – Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ – Arctic Flame and Overkill

5/5/05 – The Odeon in Cleveland, Ohio – BWBK 6 Pack Weekend Warm Up Show – Malakis Reign, Mo Rage, Eternal Legacy, Wretch, NDE, Goat Horn, and Beyond Fear.

5/6/05 – The Odeon in Cleveland, Ohio – BWBK 6 Pack Weekend 3 Night 1 – Havochate, Mnemic, Hypocrisy, Dark Tranquility, Soilwork, Exciter, and Chris Caffery.

5/7/05 – The Odeon in Cleveland, Ohio – BWBK 6 Pack Weekend 3 Night 2 – Deadly Blessing, Raven, Mors Principium Est, Jag Panzer, God Dethroned, Death Angel, and Trouble.

6/5/05 – The Saint in Asbury Park, NJ – Battle of the Bands Round 2 - Severed Hand

6/10/05 – PNC Bank Art Center in Holmdel, NJ – Queensryche and Judas Priest

6/12/05 – Chubby’s in Red Bank, NJ – Severed Hand

I've had a VERY slow year, mostly because I keep missing all the shows due to circumstances outside of my control:

Powerfest 2005 in Lansing, IL
BW&BK 6-Pack Weekend, in Cleveland, OH
Strapping Young Lad/Agony Scene/Reflux/et. al., Cleveland, OH

I think that's it, so far... I plan on going to Arch Enemy on August 1st, Cephalic Carnage/Suffocation in October, possibly Stratovarius/Into Eternity, and, of course, ProgPower USA. Other than that, I'll have to wait and see what tours come around.

Columbia, SC:
3 Inches of Blood/Agony Scene/Still Remains/Trivium
The Red Chord/Bury Your Dead/A Life Once Lost/If Hope Dies
Agnostic Front/Death Before Dishonor/Seventh Star/All Shall Perish

Seattle,WA:
King Diamond/Nile/Black Dahlia Murder/Behemoth

Atlanta:
Amorphis/Into Eternity/Beyond the Embrace/Single Bullet Theory/Encryptous
Judas Priest/Queensryche

Springfield, VA:
Testament (classic lineup)/Burning Shadows
Testament (classic lineup)/Division

Looking forward to ProgPower in Sept and Day of the Equinox (Green Carnation, November's Doom, Woods of Ypres, Unexpect, Agalloch, Deceased) in Toronto in October...

I've been to MANY, MANY shows this year so far, so I'm not going to name every one. The gems of course being: (In no particular order)

Sonata Arctica's US Debut - April 13
Rhapsody and Manowar - June 9
TESTAMENT reunion show - June 3
Entombed (Finally) - Feb 8
Kreator (TWICE) - April 8 and May 9
King Diamond and Nile - April 22
Strapping Young Lad - April 26
Soilwork and Dark Tranquillity - April 29
Deicide and Immolation - May 31
Porcupine Tree - May 13
Amorphis (Finally) - March 23
And of course, seeing Opeth for the third time, even though they only played 3 songs, it was worth it just to see them again, and to finally meet them.

There has been so many metal shows, and there still are MANY more to come. Progpower approaches!! :D

Cheating a bit on the first one, but it was ALMOST 2005
Dec. 18, Nightwish, Some club in Toronto
Mar. 20, Into Eternity, Amorphis, Beyond the Embrace, B.B. Kings NYC
April 8 & 9, Chicago Powerfest, Lansing IL
April ?, Zak Wylde, Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ
April 14, Sonata Arctica, Overkill
April 28, Chris Caffery, B.B. Kings, NYC
June 18, Into Eternity, Rhapsody, Manowar, The Palladium, Worcester Mass.

Lot more coming up.

Gravedigger, you must live near me since you go to all the same clubs. I live right next to Asbury Park.

Wow... I'm drawing a blank... Not as many as I normally go to.

The Misfits reunion type thing (aka Danzig + Doyle) along with some other talentless bands we thankfully skipped.

Steve Vai with Eric Sardinas - always a treat.

Tonight is the Vegas Centennial show with the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Weezer. Would have been a tad more excited about it if the projected temperature for today wasn't 108...

Oodles of local bands at the Cheyenne Saloon - dunno if that counts.

There have to be more. Maybe I'll see Priest next Saturday.

- Annie

AMBR said:
Cheating a bit on the first one, but it was ALMOST 2005
Dec. 18, Nightwish, Some club in Toronto
Mar. 20, Into Eternity, Amorphis, Beyond the Embrace, B.B. Kings NYC
April 8 & 9, Chicago Powerfest, Lansing IL
April ?, Zak Wylde, Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ
April 14, Sonata Arctica, Overkill
April 28, Chris Caffery, B.B. Kings, NYC
June 18, Into Eternity, Rhapsody, Manowar, The Palladium, Worcester Mass.

Lot more coming up.

Gravedigger, you must live near me since you go to all the same clubs. I live right next to Asbury Park.

I'm up in Union at exit 139b. Starland is about 25 minutes from me as is BB Kings.

It's been unusually slow for me too...

Amorphis/Into Eternity/Beyond the Embrace/Single Bullet Theory- Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Strapping Young lad/Reflux- Ft. Lauderdale, Fl

Porcupine Tree- NYC

Manowar/Rhapsody- Ft. Lauderdale..

But the second semester look a lot more promissing! Going to Europe next saturday.. I will catch a few festivals there..

Then System of a Down, Gigantour, Coldplay, Porcupine tree again and Prog Power :)

TheGraveDigger said:
I'm up in Union at exit 139b. Starland is about 25 minutes from me as is BB Kings.
Cool. I'm exit 100. :D Starland is only about 30 min. but B.B. Kings can be anywhere from an hour to nearly twice that depending on traffic and delays at the Lincoln tunnel. Mostly I've been lucky, but I did miss most of Evergrey's set when they were there with Children of Bodom due to a terrorist check at the tunnel. :err:

Motley Crue freebie show at Jimmy Kimmel live
VH1 Stripped on the strip Metal Mania- Night Ranger, Slaughter, Kip Winger, Great White, L.A. Guns, Jani Lane
Mastadon
King Diamond, Nile
Anthrax w/ Belladonna
sadly I had strep and missed Whitesnake

Next up:
Gigantour
Iron Maiden- Denver
Ozzfest - San Francisco
Edguy & Hammerfall
PROG POWER VI :hotjump: :headbang: :D
Overkill ??? I know, I know but a Thursday nite 3 days after PPVI trip?!?!?
Dead can Dance

Had to pass on:
Judas Priest/Queensryche
Ted Nugent
Scorpions/ UFO
Def Leppard

I must say this is the absolute best year of metal tours I've seen since the 80's!!! METAL TOUR OF 2005- I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD

Hey Lucas, what did you think of Reflux? Personally, I think they're one of the best bands in the metalcore scene, and one of the most underrated bands in metal right now. Their cd, The Illusion of Democracy, is absolutely amazing... it's practically prog-metal-core. :)

For me too, this year is so slow respect last year:
Monterrey, Mex:
2/11/05 Amon Amarth
3/05/05 Anthrax
3/23/05 Tristania + Kreator
5/28/05 Monterrey Metal Fest: Neil Turbin, Jag Panzer, Into Eternity, Metal Church, Beyond Fear (ripper owens project), Hammerfall, WASP, Mago de Oz, Danzig, Motorhead
6/11/05 Dark Tranquillity

Next Up (In Monterrey too)
6/21/05 Deicide
8/10/05 After Forever
9/1/05 Judas Priest
9/10/05 Lacrimosa
9/18/05 Angra (yes.. again!)
10/21/05 Queensryche
10/22/05 Scorpions

Festivals:
09/15-17/05 Atlanta - Progpower VI
10/8/05 Mexico City - Live'n'Louder (69 Eyes, Therion, Nightwish, Testament)
:headbang:

booB said:

Hey Lucas, what did you think of Reflux? Personally, I think they're one of the best bands in the metalcore scene, and one of the most underrated bands in metal right now. Their cd, The Illusion of Democracy, is absolutely amazing... it's practically prog-metal-core. :)

I liked them! I even bought the CD (10 bucks!!) at the show! :) good stuff!!

Steve Vai - Myrtle Beach, SC
Cryptopsy - Atlanta, GA
Strapping Young Lad - Atlanta, GA

Oh.....and just since I haven't pointed it out here yet, I'll just point out how badly Century Media screwed up and didn't take the opportunity to make a totally awesome Cryptopsy/Martyr tour and instead substituted crap........like they generally do.

So far this year for me:

1. Tesla, Pat Travers (with Carmine Appice and Brad Gillis) - January 7th, Walnut Creek CA.
2. Queensryche - February 10th, Warfield, San Francisco CA.
3. Amorphis, Into Eternity, Beyond The Embrace - March 5th, The Pound, San Francisco CA
4. Motley Crue - March 26th, Oakland Arena, Oakland CA.
5. Soilwork, Mnemic, Hypocrisy, Dark Tranquility - April 14th, The Pound, San Francisco CA.
6. Tesla - May 18th, The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA.
7. Judas Priest, Queensryche, Cardboard Vampyres (Jerry Cantrell and Billy Duffy), Testament - July 2nd, Shorline Amphitheater, San Jose, CA.

Next up:

8. Testament, Hirax, Laaz Rockit, Vicious Rumors, Mudface, Agent Steel, Imagika, Dekapitator, Kaos, Brocas Helm, Righteous Sire, Hangar 18, Neil Turbin's Deathriders (featuring original Anthrax vocalist Neil Turbin), Dreams Of Damnation (featuring former Dark Angel guitarist Jim Durkin), Anger As Art, Mystic Rage. - Thrash Against Cancer, July 9th, The Pound, San Francisco CA.

9. Hammerfall, Edguy, Into Eternity - August 28th, The DNA Lounge, San Francisco, CA.