Best Metal Tracks for each Instrument

cdipoce

New Metal Member
Apr 29, 2008
Make a list of the best metal tracks for each each instrument: guitar, synth/keyboard, bass, drums, vocals and/or lyrics.

Hard to say which is the ultimate best but after a minute of thinking i´ll go with:

Guitar - Colonizing The Sun by Theory In Practice
Synth/Keyboard - Colonizing The Sun by Theory In Practice
Bass - Nectar by Opeth
Drums - Severe Burns by Entombed
Vocals - Rainbow In The Dark by Dio

Such a simple question, but difficult as hell to answer. So many great songs out their for each instrument, but I'll try at least to name 1 of my favorites for each instrument (although there are probably many more for each).

Keyboards: Pyramaze - Melancholy Beast (This was probably the easiest. I'm not great on keyboard judging, but I particularly like Pyramaze's keyboarding, and especially this song.)
Drums: Evergrey - In the Wake of the Weary (Immensely powerfull, yet not overshadowing. Fucking masterpiece of a song and amazing use of drumming.)
Vocals: Evergrey - Obedience; Evergrey - The Masterplan (And also many others, but these definately one of the very best. Tom Englund is one of my 2 favorite vocalists, and in these 2 songs he sings so powerfully and with so much emotion, that it's just amazing.)
Lyrics: Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons (I still get goosebumps sometimes when I hear this song. The lyrics are very deep and emotional, and I really connect to some of it.)

I'm terrible at judging bass, so I didn't add that one. Also I couldn't choose one for guitar, because I don't think I possibly can. Great riffs, great solos, so many that are so different and so good. Impossible for me to pick one, or even some.

Guitar-Decapitated-Winds Of Creation.
or-Any song of DsO's Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum
Synth-Symphony X-The Odyssey

Bass-dunno. Alot of the shit is just doubling of the Guitar riffs.

Drums-Tool-Vicarious

Vocals/Lyrics-undecided. I am torn between metal songs, tool songs, and some Immortal technique.

Guitar - At the Gates - Through Gardens of Grief
Synth/Keyboard - Pain of Salvation - Iter Impius
Bass - Reverend Bizarre - They Used Dark Forces/Teutonic Witch
Drums - Lykathea Aflame - To Give
Vocals - Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element

Guitar-Evil Eye-Malmsteen
Bass- Blood of the Kings- Manowar
Drums- Seasons of the Abyss- Slayer
Vocals- Blood of the Kings- Manowar

I've heard plenty of songs were one of the instruments strike me as "great", but never "best", so I can't really say.

Well, maybe vocals - Voices by Dream Theater and X number of Iron Maiden songs.

I love the bass on Machinae Supremacy's song "Need for Steve" off their newest album.

synths/keys - Bathory - Outro

but seriously, Emperor - Into The Infinity Of Thoughts
guitar - Hard to say, but maybe In Flames - Upon An Oaken Throne
Drums - Amon Amarth - Death In Fire
Vocals - Split between AA - Asator (extreme vox) and Avantasia - Reach Out For The Light

Keyboard: Downfall by Children of Bodom.
Guitar: Beyond the Dark Sun by Wintersun.
Bass: War Pigs by Black Sabbath.
Drums: Blooddrunk by Children of Bodom. (I know the song choice may seem juvenile, but I absolutely love the 6/8 time signature. And I love how it works in the song.)
Vocals: Schatten Aus Der Alexander Welt by Bethlehem. (Some of the most sick, gruesome vocals I've ever heard.)

it was so hard to remember, but i did it!!!

guitar:..................the mirror - dream theater
synth/gayboard:.....perfect strangers - deep fucking purple
bass:...................souls of black - testament
drums:..................celestial voyage - cynic
vocals:.................remedy lane - pain of salvation