Favorite Non-Conventional Metal Instrument?

BANJO!!! haha.. it would sound awesome,

i kinda loath harmonica's in music.. it just makes it sound like the shit your grandad listens too... or blues stuff which i have limited views on,

i think orchestra's sound great to acompany some music, but it certainly wouldnt fit every genre

Raumien said:
Another thing, I forgot what they are called, but those floor drum things that are like 4 feet tall, you hit with your hand and are african....congas or something....those would be cool to incorporate into a death metal song.

Your thinking of Bongos. Quite a lot of fun to play when really drunk.

I've hear a tin whistle used in a band and that was interesting.

Flutes, Mellotrons and timpanis are all great when used properly. Also the kantele, and all those strange folk instruments bands like Astrofaes and Nokturnal Mortum use.

Raumien said:
Another thing, I forgot what they are called,
but those floor drum things that are like 4 feet
tall, you hit with your hand and are african....
congas or something
Yes, you can call them congas, tumbas or tumbadoras.

Eire said:
Your thinking of Bongos. Quite a lot of fun to
play when really drunk.
Incorrect. Bongos are a pair of little drums:
0786647388.01._PE_PI_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Tool said:
Mellotron, even though I barely know anything about it, moonchild by King Crimson sounded cool and the mellotron bits on Opeth's Damnation too.

Yes, Yay King Crimson. :)

Congos would fucking rule for blast beats or replacing / going along with the double bass.

Maybe Blue Man Group should incorporate their shit into a metal band. :D

Don't ask me to remember their names, because I can't be bothered to look in the booklets, but I love the Egyptian instruments that NILE use in their music.

They add a great dimension and atmosphere.