best/most random gig souvenir

Katie'Force

Kables
Mar 9, 2008
YORKSHIRE!!!
www.myspace.com
So come on people, what's the best or most random souvenir you've got from a gig. I think one of the best was the alice cooper $100 bill i got from the first time i ever saw him, probably have better things than that, but that's all i can think of.

most annoying was the red blotch i got from my friends hugging me during turisas. thanks, love the hugs, but i'm allergic to face paint and now yours is all over my face grr

haha I got a feather from Mathias (or Vreth, whatever you call him) from Finntroll his outfit :lol:

it dropped off during the show, some security guy gave it to me after a show :lol:

and some plectrums from some bands (wintersun, korpiklaani), but I'm very good in losing those :p

The water bottle that Jussi used at the Islingthon gig.

Still has warpaint around the mouth piece ^_^

haha I got a feather from Mathias (or Vreth, whatever you call him) from Finntroll his outfit :lol:

it dropped off during the show, some security guy gave it to me after a show :lol:

and some plectrums from some bands (wintersun, korpiklaani), but I'm very good in losing those :p

ah vreth, love that guy!

i got two Dragonforce plectrums from the black crusade. Johan (from Rockers Digest) found one and decided i needed it in glasgow then he did the same with another in Manchester, so i ended up with a sam and a herman plectrum. got home and gave one to my friend so now we both have full sets

I seem to magically acquire drumsticks. Got one tatty one (nearly broken in half!) from Forever Never's old drummer, complete with essay written round it in smudgy black marker. Also got a brand new signed SpeedTheory one which makes me smile, because there's a scribble about halfway down that Jay swears is his signature, but even he can't make it out :lol:

I got Pauli's setlist at a Rasmus concert once, that everyone around me treated like the Holy Grail. People were actually begging me to let them touch it :rolleyes:

SpeedTheory's lead singer decided one night I needed a souvenir and pulled out a load of hair from his afro and presented it to me. He may have been drunk at the time.

Also SpeedTheory: the weirdest thing I've ever come away from a gig with. Artfully hand-drawn genitalia on both shoulders and autographs all over my top half. I've stayed away from them when they have markers ever since :p

Cue a conversation the next day with my mother:

"Why have you got that on your shoulder?"
"Jay."
"Ah"

No more was said, although my boss was less than impressed. I worked for Oxfam at the time :lol:

haha gotta love the random things bands decide are good to draw on you. i think the worst was when a support band signed my breasts... so the headlining band saw it and decided they wanted to sign me too. so one of the just wrote his name across my butt cheek (wearing a skirt was a bad idea) then as i turned around i was faced with another one who wrote '*band name* was here' somewhere he really shouldn't... needless to say my boyfriend at the time never found out about that, the fact was i hadn't cheated on him.... but i couldn't really imagine myself convincing him of that, so when i got home i had a huge scrubbing session to make sure there were no marks left. bad band!!!! and this is why i don't let bands sign me anymore

and for anyone who might know who this band is PLEASE do not mention them!

did you manage to get a piece of lisko's accordian at hard rock hell Mika?

I didn't:cry:
But a friend of mine managed to get a bit from ruisrock '07 lol
Apparently the smashing up is a regular occurence, or at least it was:erk:

That and I was too busy trying to think of brilliant & ingenius ways to smuggle myself into the alcohol area:headbang:

I did however manage to rob one of the huuuuge defenders of the faith vinyl signs from HRH lol
Cable ties are a bastard to try and cut off, even with a penknife!!
I then stashed it in my metal hammer shite bag and took it home on the train:)

Its only 8ft x 3ft after all XD

No funny souvenirs, but I once caught Oscar Dronjak (hammerfall) whe nhe came out of one of those toilets they have at festivals and made him sign a program.

Did you manage to see who stole the Peterborough Turisas setlist two songs in?

Now that's just rude! I was close enough to nick Jarkko and/or Juho's setlists at Paganfest, but I was more interested in taking photos and I prefer to wait til they've finished with them anyway :lol:

Ooh and eww
lol

Did you manage to see who stole the Peterborough Turisas setlist two songs in?

"Eww" was my initial reaction when it was pressed into my hand.. But a set list is a set list!

I think it was one of the guys behind the couple of people I queued with, but I can't be sure.. Was too busy going mental at the front. XD

I have a lot of gig souvenirs in a box somewhere. Not sure where though. Anyway, I have like 20 picks (Sentenced, Misfits, Black Sabbath etc), a crown of thorns (Moonspell), drumsticks (Slayer, Sabbath) and stuff like that. The crown of thorns is pretty cool. The singer, Fernando Ribeiro, wore it at the Roskilde Festival in 98 during "Let the Children Cum to Me" and then gave it to me. Oh and I also got a "snusdosa" from Oskar Dronjak (Hammerfall) but that one I used up and threw away :lol:

Almost forgot. I met Kai Hansen (Gamma Ray/Helloween) in a bar and he bought me a beer. Still have that empty bottle (Amstel) somewhere. Why the hell I kept it is a mystery. I love Gamma Ray and Helloween, but what the fuck!? Fanboy story :lol:

Plus I have Max Cavalera's shoes :lol: I got them from him since my shoes had fallen apart completely. Nice guy! This was also in 98. Those shoes are still in good shape :Spin:

Damn, I have a lot of weird stuff :lol:

plectrums, drumsticks, setlists (sometimes with really strange stuff drawn on that), bottles, towels, a shirt...