best NM album other than This Godless Endeavor

N

New nevermore fan

This Godless Endeavor is amazing.

Where do I go from here?

What are your favorite NM albums (unfortunately I have to buy them one at a time :(

Dreaming Neon Black
Politics of Ecstasy
Enemies of Reality
Dead heart in a dead World
In Memory (EP)
S/T

buy them in that order

there you have it. No one else needs to post, because I just said the ultimate truth.

Dead Heart is a good album for starters to the band. It is my least favorite though. Dreaming Neon Black is their strongest work for me, but it takes a few listens to really get into it.

Then go with the other albums from there.

AsModEe said:
Dreaming Neon Black
Politics of Ecstasy
Dead heart in a dead World
In Memory (EP)
S/T

buy them in that order

there you have it. No one else needs to post, because I just said the ultimate truth.

You forgot Enemies of Reality, which should be in front of Politics. :tickled: ;)

AsModEe said:
you're damn right, I forgot this one! It's the most forgettable I fear :erk:

Ah, See I think it's stronger then alot of their other releases.. I love the uncontrollable anger and no barres held shred, and Warrel's incredibly doomy lyrics. It's one of the heaviest albums i've ever heard. To each his own though, eh?o_O

'Nife [Spirit Crusher] said:
Ah, See I think it's stronger then alot of their other releases.. I love the uncontrollable anger and no barres held shred, and Warrel's incredibly doomy lyrics. It's one of the heaviest albums i've ever heard. To each his own though, eh?o_O
the production killed it for me, and I'm not a fanboy enough to buy the remastered version.

The remastered version is awesome, but I still wouldn't rank Enemies of Reality above Politics of Ecstasy. My ranking would be like this:

Dreaming Neon Black
Politics of Ecstasy
In Memory
Enemies of Reality
Dead Heart in a Dead World
Nevermore

I always have a hard time placing In Memory, but it is just so brilliant that I feel obligated to rank it that highly.

personally i like Dead Heart the most but thats probably because it was the first one i ever heard and really the heaviest album i had ever heard when i was 10.

Honestly, I have to agree with you, Will. I love Enemies of Reality, Dead Heart in a Dead World, Nevermore, and This Godless Endeavor, but if my intention is to listen to Nevermore, I always whip out Dreaming Neon Black, Politics of Ecstasy, or In Memory. Maybe all three at the same time if I'm feeling a little kinky.

Politics is the best album,but don't buy it,you'll hate Nevermore.Dead Heart is the weakest(still better than 90% of metal albums),but buy it and you'll love Nevermore.:D

I'm a fan of Enemies of Reality...Loomis cuts loose...its got more balls overall. The first 3 cuts from This Godless Endeavor are monsters, but the rest of the album kinda loses me. Dead Heart is a good album overall, except for the Sounds of Silence...God, I hate that track...it drags the whole album down a notch. I'm wondering if I should try POE or DNB next...any suggestions?

Get Neon Black next .:tickled: Enemies remix is awesome man ,Jim Sheppard gave me a copy when they came by opening for Opeth.
I told him I didnt get the remix yet and he goes on the bus and gets one for me :worship: