best NM album other than This Godless Endeavor

My personal fav. is Dead Heart. Mainly because I think they really nailed down their unique song writing and Warrel got a real handle on his voice. I also love the remastered Enemies ... it's just so damn heavy. Nevermore had this raw heaviness when it was JUST Loomis handling all the guitar duties. TGE seems like Nevermore are heading back twards the DNB sound wich probably would make most Nevermore fans happy, but I just wonder if the uber-heavy version of Nevermore should have gone along a little longer.

New nevermore fan said:
This Godless Endeavor is amazing.

Where do I go from here?

What are your favorite NM albums (unfortunately I have to buy them one at a time :(

I rate the like this:
Politics
TGE
Dreaming Neon Black
Enemies
Dead Heart
Nevermore

This Godless Endeavor is close, but Politics is still thier best album. Of course thier "worst" is still a 4 star ass kicker. Hell why not just grab them in order and follow the evolution of the band?

TGE
EOR
POE
DHDW

Hello and welcome to I don't have any others. :'( The South fails to have anything besides TGE and my POE and DHDW were both from Russia...

(I just wait until I get reeeeeeeeeally burnt out on the newest album when I buy another one. For a frame of reference TGE was my first and I got it when it came out. I just got POE the other day.)

Thanks everybody for the insight, exactly what I was looking for. The funny thing is that Dreaming Neon Black was the only other CD my favorite record store had in stock when I went in. I definitely jumped on it based on all the great feedback I got in here.

My thoughts on DNB: I was blown away. I definitely 'got it' on the first listen. I've only listened a few times and I think I may actually like it better than Godless Endeavor, which is obviously a smokin' hot CD.

I've been really into Mastodon up until I got Godless Endeavor. I was weaned on early 80's metal and haven't really gotten in to the newer stuff until hearing Mastodon and Nevermore.

Thanks for the replies everybody. This seems like a cool group of people here.

Dave

New nevermore fan said:
Thanks everybody for the insight, exactly what I was looking for. The funny thing is that Dreaming Neon Black was the only other CD my favorite record store had in stock when I went in. I definitely jumped on it based on all the great feedback I got in here.

My thoughts on DNB: I was blown away. I definitely 'got it' on the first listen. I've only listened a few times and I think I may actually like it better than Godless Endeavor, which is obviously a smokin' hot CD.

I've been really into Mastodon up until I got Godless Endeavor. I was weaned on early 80's metal and haven't really gotten in to the newer stuff until hearing Mastodon and Nevermore.

Thanks for the replies everybody. This seems like a cool group of people here.

Dave

Really glad you enjoyed that album. Next stop: Politics of Ecstasy. Neil Kernon done a similarly good job mixing that, so chances are you'll feel acquainted with the sound from DNB, so to speak. It's an amazing album and the favourite of a tonne of folks here.

But your wrong, we all suck! :p

Final_Product said:
Really glad you enjoyed that album. Next stop: Politics of Ecstasy. Neil Kernon done a similarly good job mixing that, so chances are you'll feel acquainted with the sound from DNB, so to speak. It's an amazing album and the favourite of a tonne of folks here.

But your wrong, we all suck! :p

Where the hell are you from lad? Bonnie Scotland? Interesting turn of phrase there...

:Spin:

They're all good, I can't possibly pick :dopey:

Be sure to check out Sanctuary, as well :wave:

sorry to say...
terrible opeth fans

stay away from POE cd its 5min shit...

FIRST ONE AND IN MEMOEY ARE THE HIGHTLIGHTS...