Best of 2002?

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
As the year draws to a close, what were the bests for you?

Best movie?
Best movie actor/actress?
Best tv show?
Best tv actor/actress?
Best books/whatever else you can think of?

Best movie? Two Towers by a landslide.
Best movie actor/actress? Hmmm... Ian McKellan (sp?)
Best tv show? Simpsons (every year)
Best tv actor/actress? Kiefer Sutherland (24 rules)
Best books/whatever else you can think of? Everything else not related to TV or nu-metal. :lol:

Best movie?
ghost ship, lotr, and iris

Best movie actor/actress? Viggo Mortensen and Kate Winselt

Best tv show? Friends and The Osbournes

Best tv actor/actress? Jennifer Aniston and Will from Will and Grace

Best books/whatever else you can think of? Queenmaker and the Sophie Kinsella series i read.

My answers are above ^

Best Movie - LotR: The Two Towers, despite all of that fuckface Peter Jackson's changes.

Best Movie Actor/Actress - Mel Gibson on Signs

Best TV Show - I'm guessing this includes cartoons, so Im going to say The Oblongs.

Best TV Actor/Actress - Anthony Michael Hall from The Dead Zone

Best Books - By The Light of the Moon (by Dean Koontz) and From A Buick 8 (by Stephen King).

I haven't seen many films that were made this year. I've only been to the theater twice (in one week actually), which is unusual, as I usually go seldomerly. I've seen "Talk to her" and "Mies vailla menneisyyttä" (a Finish movie. If I'm not mistaken the English title is "The man without a past"), and "Talk to her" was the best of those two, although the other one was okay (in the good kind of way).
I've also seen "Changing lanes" on divx and it was okay (in the bad kind of way - 6/10). Can't recall if I've seen more from 2002. I've seen some from 2001 I guess.
Best actor: Hhmm...I'll guess I'll take one from "Talk to her" then if it has to be an actor from a 2002 movie. I'll pick Javier Cámara or Darío Grandinetti then, mostly Darío Grandinetti. It's not that they made a major impression on me, but if I have to choose it'll be them.
Best tv show goes to the Simpsons I guess. I don't know if the episodes they've shown here in Denmark is from 2002. I must admit that the newest ones I've seen aren't that good. They usually have one or two great jokes an episode and then the rest of the episode just has a couple of okay jokes and the rest is pretty boring. A show like the one where Marge meets a painter who's in jail is pretty lousy! I think I may have laughed once or something! The first episodes that were made of Simpsons were even more lousy! They weren't funny and was filled with moralpreeching! The period in the middle was the best IMO. It didn't have moralpreeching (okay, sometimes it had a little, but it was usually only a small amount, so the good jokes saved it) and it was VERY funny!
Best tv actor - I don't know if this should go to Dan Castellaneta, who's the voice of Homer Jay Simpson, Abraham J. 'Grampa' Simpson, Santa's Little Helper, Herschel Smoikel Krustofsky / Krusty the Clown, Bernard 'Barney' Gumble, Groundskeeper Willie, Mayor Joseph 'Diamond Joe' Quimby, Hans Moleman, Melvin Van Horne / Sideshow Mel, Itchy the Mouse, Kodos, Arnie 'Pie in the Sky' Pie & Gil or maybe Harry Shearer who's the voice of Charles Montgomery 'C.M./Monty' Burns, Waylon Smithers, Jr. , Nedward 'Ned' Flanders, Principal Seymour 'Spanky' Skinner, Otto Mann, Reverend Timothy Lovejoy, Dr. Julius Hibbert, Kent Brockman/Kenny Brockelstein, Jasper, Lenny, Eddie, Ranier 'McBain' Wolfcastle, Scratchy the Cat, Kang, Dr. Marvin Monroe & Jebediah Obadiah Zachariah Jedediah Springfield/Hans Sprungfeld and I also just found out that he's apparently the bassplayer in Spinal Tap!! I think I'll bump the discussion about the film in the "General music discussion" as I'm a bit confused now!
Another nominee for best tv actor would be James Gandolfini of Sopranos!

Best movie?
lotr

Best movie actor/actress? elijah wood, viggo mortenson,

Best tv show? dawsons creek....tough enough...that 70s show

Best tv actor/actress? anthony michael hall, ashton kutcher, danny masterson, pen bagedly [the guy from do over], tom everett scott

Best books/whatever else you can think of? havent read books from 2002

why is it that when you try to think of things from the recent past its hard?!!? i cant remember whats from 2002 that i liked! ahhh

Best Movie - Bowling For Columbine
Best Movie actor/actress - Vincent Gallo, The guy from The Professional, Tim Roth, Bridget Fonda, Juliet Lewis
Best Tv Show - That 70's Show, OZ, 24, Sex and the City, Queer as Folk
Best Books - Naked, Invisible Monster, The Dirt, Culture of Terrorism, American Psycho and anything else by BEE

Ok let's see..

Best movie? Didn't see TTT or anything, so I guess it'd be The Ring.
Best movie actor/actress? eh..no favorite.
Best tv show? Either 24 or CSI.
Best tv actor/actress? Kiefer Sutherland..hmm actress, I dunno.
Best books/whatever else you can think of? There was a Dean Koontz book that came out in 2002 that I got for my birthday..awesome book but I can't remember the name..I'll come back & edit it in after I find out the name.

Originally posted by Lady of the Oracle
Ok let's see..

Best movie? Oooh, not too sure really! Prolly Dog Soldiers. It both freaked me out and made me laugh uncontrollably.Best movie actor/actress? hmmm, this year, prolly Tom Hanks or Tom Cruise or Tom someone or other.
Best tv show? Don't watch TV.
Best tv actor/actress? as above
Best books/whatever else you can think of? ooooh, don't remember what books have come out this year.....i'm not really into pop book culture. more of a classics man meself. =/

Best movie?
The Two Towers
Best movie actor/actress?
Is and forever will be Robert DeNiro
Best tv show?
South Park
Best tv actor/actress?
Live Action TV sucks. :)
Portrait Of A Killer:Jack The Ripper Case Closed By Patricia Cornwell

Best movie? the dangerous lives of alter boys, the ring, catch me if you can, and punch drunk love
Best movie actor/actress? leo decaprio (sp?)
Best tv show? sealab 2021
Best tv actor/actress? MC chris
Best books/whatever else you can think of? i dont know but two towers was totally gay.

Originally posted by SlaughterofSoul
Portrait Of A Killer:Jack The Ripper Case Closed By Patricia Cornwell

Oooh I'll have to look for this one, I have a couple of books on Jack the Ripper..true crime stuff fascinates me!