Best of 2005, so far?

lizzie said:
already seen some great gis this year, including fozzy, magnum, thunder, preist/scorpions, europe last sunday That was Awesome!
Going to see yngwie malmsteen on 1st june

I have been reading some good reviews about Europe. I'd love to see them.

Hammerfall has the best release so far this year.

I was dissapointed in the Judas Priest.
I'm looking forward to Candlemass,Sentenced,Bruce Dickinson,Arch Enemy,Primal Fear,Widow, and Painmuseum.

I thought the Kamelot, and Mudvayne cd's were o.k.

Starbreaker
Russell Allen's Atomic Soul
John Petrucci's solo album
Soul Sirkus - World Play(it was released in late December 2004)
Yngwie - Unleash the Fury

looking forward to:
Symphony X
Exodus
Flotsam & Jetsam
Nevermore
Arch Enemy
Dream Theater
Allen & Lande
Opeth

As this date

1) Sabaton - "Primo Victoria"
2) Hammerfall - "Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken"
3) Force Of Evil - "Black Empire"
4) Judas Priest - "Angel Of Retribution"
5) Lana Lane - "Lady Macbeth"
6) Freedom Call - "The Circle Of Life"
7) Steve Vai - "Real Illusions: Reflections"

Wyvern said:
Wolf is actually my best of 2004 (see post above), but nevertheless being introduced to Wolf, Astral Doors and Hammerfall altogether is one hell of a ride

It has been one hell of a ride Wyvern... and truth be told my metal "fever" has returned! :headbang:

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Next up I'm going to hit him with Tad Morose, Lefay and Overlorde! :D

Looking forward to that! I may have a few bands I've discovered to hit you back with! :D

rokk said:
It has been one hell of a ride Wyvern... and truth be told my metal "fever" has returned! :headbang:

Looking forward to that! I may have a few bands I've discovered to hit you back with! :D

Looking at your sig I know you're already mentally prepared for a lot of good stuff. Anyone into Nazareth, Demon, Iron Maiden and Pretty Maids is clearly a true old schooler with an open mind.

You have to try Wuthering Heigths, Space Odyssey, Sabaton, Mesmerize, Made Of Iron, Taraxacum to name a few newer bands with great vibe like those already found.

Wyvern said:
You have to try Wuthering Heigths, Space Odyssey, Sabaton, Mesmerize, Made Of Iron, Taraxacum to name a few newer bands with great vibe like those already found.
One thing I can tell you about my ol' buddy rokk, Wyvern, he don't like music that makes him think! His quote, "I just like music that rocks my balls off".

Out of the bands you mentioned, I'm only familiar with two. Wuthering Heights is probably much too thought-provoking (progressive) for rokk's taste, but from what I heard of Sabaton they might get get a rattle out of his testicles.

rokk said:
I want to hear the new Hammerfall already. We should probably schedule the better part of a day if you can break away from the family (maybe a drive up to Bone for the day?). We filled up a couple hours no problem in that McDonalds's parking lot a couple months ago. We need a good CHUNK of time since we only get to see each other once or twice a year.

I want to hear the new Hammerfall already. We should probably schedule the better part of a day if you can break away from the family (maybe a drive up to Bone for the day?). We filled up a couple hours no problem in that McDonalds's parking lot a couple months ago. We need a good CHUNK of time since we only get to see each other once or twice a year.

No problem, the wife unit is working a full time job and I'm doing real estate so my schedule is fairly flexable especially daytime on weekdays.

One thing I can tell you about my ol' buddy rokk, Wyvern, he don't like music that makes him think! His quote, "I just like music that rocks my balls off".

Out of the bands you mentioned, I'm only familiar with two. Wuthering Heights is probably much too thought-provoking (progressive) for rokk's taste, but from what I heard of Sabaton they might get get a rattle out of his testicles.

You sure have a way with words TSO! :oops:

Wyvern said:
Looking at your sig I know you're already mentally prepared for a lot of good stuff. Anyone into Nazareth, Demon, Iron Maiden and Pretty Maids is clearly a true old schooler with an open mind.

Just some of my favorite album covers... and good music too!

I'll see if I can find some samples online and check those bands out... thanks!

but from what I heard of Sabaton they might get get a rattle out of his testicles.

TMI! :tickled:

In that case I'll recommend: Made Of Iron, Mesmerize, Cryonic Temple, Dream Evil, Majesty, Astral Doors, Force Of Evil, Goddess Of Desire, Malediction, Stormhammer, Sabaton as must check bands.

Wyvern said:

Checked out Sabaton, Taraxacum, Mesmerize, and Made of Iron.... Sabaton is the best by far and away of the bunch on first few listens! Taraxacum's Disfunctional is really cool too. Mesmerize and Made of Iron didn't click for me as of yet!

thanks Wyv!