Best of 2005, so far?

rokk said:
'05 has been great for me since TSO introduced me to European Metal!

Astral Doors - Evil is Forever (may be '04 release but its '05 for me!
Wolf - Evil Star... this and Astral Doors courtesy of TSO... thank you!
Hammerfall - Chapter V
Sonata Arctica - Reckoning Night ... my son introduced this band to me and this new release isn't so technical and much more enjoyable IMO
Judas Priest - which of course I would have bought anyway

I would say so far so good for '05! :headbang:
I'm just happy to spread the disease, my friend! There is a lot more where that came from too. I'll be in Idaho most of the month of June (staying at Mom's house in Burley the first two weeks, and then about 10 days in Blackfoot with Lorenzo). If you can make some time, we can hook up and spend a whole day jamming all the bands I have waiting in the wings for you.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I'm just happy to spread the disease, my friend! There is a lot more where that came from too. I'll be in Idaho most of the month of June (staying at Mom's house in Burley the first two weeks, and then about 10 days in Blackfoot with Lorenzo). If you can make some time, we can hook up and spend a whole day jamming all the bands I have waiting in the wings for you.

Sounds like a plan! heh heh get it.... "sounds" :p

PM with exact dates when you get a chance!

SavaRon said:
Best so far is Overkill - RelixIV, great CD as usual from these guys. I hope they get on the Gigantour! I wanna hear 'Bats in the Belfry' live! I can see the whole crowd yelling BATS! That would be great!

Hey KMADD, how is that '3 Inches Of Blood' CD? I like the tune they are playing on headbangers ball. I think it's called 'deadly sinners' or something like that? Is the rest of the disc similar to that tune?

I cant wait to see bats either, oh and if you download Premonition of pain on Deadly sinners youll want to buy the album immediately. Its an awesome album.

SavaRon said:
Best so far is Overkill - RelixIV, great CD as usual from these guys. I hope they get on the Gigantour! I wanna hear 'Bats in the Belfry' live! I can see the whole crowd yelling BATS! That would be great!

Hey KMADD, how is that '3 Inches Of Blood' CD? I like the tune they are playing on headbangers ball. I think it's called 'deadly sinners' or something like that? Is the rest of the disc similar to that tune?
It's really good fun loving tribute to 80's metal with a hardcore vocalist
added to the mix. Destroy The Orcs is a classic track as well and yes
the album is similar to that single.

rokk said:
'05 has been great for me since TSO introduced me to European Metal!

Astral Doors - Evil is Forever (may be '04 release but its '05 for me!
Wolf - Evil Star... this and Astral Doors courtesy of TSO... thank you!
Hammerfall - Chapter V
Sonata Arctica - Reckoning Night ... my son introduced this band to me and this new release isn't so technical and much more enjoyable IMO
Judas Priest - which of course I would have bought anyway

I would say so far so good for '05! :headbang:

Wolf is actually my best of 2004 (see post above), but nevertheless being introduced to Wolf, Astral Doors and Hammerfall altogether is one hell of a ride
c010.gif

KMADD said:
Some stuff I dug so far.
Children Of Bodom-Trashed Lost and Strung Out EP(new album out in Sept. Hawk!!)

Yea I heard about that one! Can't wait of course cause it going to RULE!! COB is a killer band.

Hawk said:
Yea I heard about that one! Can't wait of course cause it going to RULE!! COB is a killer band.
Amen to that

I recently met some freshman around here who are into CoB bigtime....and were starting a band! :cool:

While I am at it; here's my 2005 list up till' now:

01 Kamelot - The Black Halo
02 Kreator - Enemy Of God
03 Communic - Conspiracy In Mind
04 Sabaton - Primo Victoria
05 Space Odyssey - The Astral Episode
06 Russell Allen - Atomic Soul
07 Beyond Twilight - Section X
08 Cloudscape - Cloudscape
09 Masterplan - Aeronautics
10 Mors Principium Est - The Unborn

KMADD said:
I'll have to pick up that new Kreator you guys are gonna think Im crazy but I haven't
listen to anything from that band since Flag Of Hate.

O well shit happens. But you better run to your record store and pick up their latest! You'll not regret it :headbang:

Btw, what I forgot to say, 2005 has been excellent as far as I am concered. And my favorite band still have to release their albums!

I am looking very mucht forward to;

Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor [produced by Andy Sneap]
Arch Enemy - The Doomsday Machine [produced by Andy Sneap]
Exodus - New yet untitled album [produced by Andy Sneap]
COB - Are You Dead Yet? [I know crappy title!]
Symphony x - Unnamed album

In short 2005 is going to rule! It will prob be one of the strongest years in metal since 2000. Mark my words!!

Hawk said:
O well shit happens. But you better run to your record store and pick up their latest! You'll not regret it :headbang:

Btw, what I forgot to say, 2005 has been excellent as far as I am concered. And my favorite band still have to release their albums!

I am looking very mucht forward to;

Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor [produced by Andy Sneap]
Arch Enemy - The Doomsday Machine [produced by Andy Sneap]
Exodus - New yet untitled album [produced by Andy Sneap]
COB - Are You Dead Yet? [I know crappy title!]
Symphony x - Unnamed album

In short 2005 is going to rule! It will prob be one of the strongest years in metal since 2000. Mark my words!!
wait wait wait.....THE Andy Sneap? The guitarist/musician from Sabbat?

#1_Droogie said:
wait wait wait.....THE Andy Sneap? The guitarist/musician from Sabbat?

Indeed thats him!

For the last few year Andy Sneap had been busy producing KILLER albums. He is my favorite producer by far! Check out:

His very own forum on UM http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151

His website with the latest news about him and the bands he produces
http://www.andysneap.com/news.html

An interview with tha Sneap dude
http://www.earache.com/WickedWorld/interview/sneap/sneap.html

Enjoy!

Btw Droogie. Very cool you are starting a band!

thanks, and thanks again Hawk! ill check that out right away.

Yeah, and I think we can do better than most local bands, because when they play, they pretty much only do covers, and they just stand there when they play, and so yeah, i think that we can do better than that. We're a six-piece Black Metal band, we havent decided on a name yet, but when we do, ill post it.

Looking down the road a few months, I'm really looking forward:
- Symphony X new album
- Virgin Steel new album