Eagerly awaiting in 2005

wdiv

Rattlehead
May 28, 2004
US
What forthcoming cds are everyone looking forward to in the new year?

These are the ones that I can think of right now. Most are definately gonna happen... some are in the works, so who knows what will happen...

* Hammerfall - "Chapter V..." 3/8/05
* Demons & Wizards - 2/2005
* Masterplan - "Aeronautics" 1/24/05
* Iommi / Hughes - ?/2005
* Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime II
* Tony Martin - "Scream" ?/2005
* Judas Priest - 2/1/05
* Symphony X - spring 2005
* Lande / Allen Project - ?/2005
* At Vance - 3/2005
* Russel Allen solo- ?/2005
* Tool - ?/2005

Hmmm...first I've heard of Operation Mindcrime II. I might have to come out of Queensryche retirement for that one. You think they'll rock it out, like their older stuff?

What I'm most looking forward to is the new non-xmas Trans-Siberian Orchestra album. It's more in the vein of Beethoven's Last Night, one of my favorites of all time.

Also very interested in hearing all of Russell Allen's new material...he's been a busy boy lately.

wdiv said:
What forthcoming cds are everyone looking forward to in the new year?

* Demons & Wizards - 2/2005
* Masterplan - "Aeronautics" 1/24/05
* Iommi / Hughes - ?/2005
* Judas Priest - 2/1/05
* Symphony X - spring 2005
* Lande / Allen Project - ?/2005
* Russel Allen solo- ?/2005

Definitely these, especiall Lande/Allen collaboration and Demons & Wizards.
I mean, when two vocal gods and two gods in general unite, what can go wrong? :D

I've listened to Masterplan and it's on par with the debut. Good job! :headbang:

I am looking forward to new albums by Nevermore, Symphony X, Children of Bodom, Judas Priest, A.C.T, Arch Enemy, Kamelot, Dimmu Borgir, Sieges Even, Communic, Masterplan, Kreator and Slayer in 2005.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Hmmm...first I've heard of Operation Mindcrime II. I might have to come out of Queensryche retirement for that one. You think they'll rock it out, like their older stuff?
QUOTE]

I don't forsee good things for Mindcrime II. Given the facts that:
1) they're trying to write a "sequal" to one of the best albums ever and
2) they've sucked ass for the last 10 years,
....it could be a collossal dissapointment.

But who knows, maybe they'll pull it off. Maybe it'll be better then Tribe or Q2K at least.

On a more serious note than the G'N'R album I am actually looking forwar to a full length album release from Fourwaykill and also the new one from Tigertailz (the line up with Steevi Jaimz and Ace Finchum not the other one) and the reissue of Young And Crazy 'cause my vinyl is almost worn out.

Crowbar - Life's Blood For The Downtrodden

Produced by Rex Brown by Pantera and its planned to be released earlier this year.

:OMG: cannot believe nobody has mentioned the new Bruce Dickinson album yet! That's my TOP priority for 05, then Brainstorm, Symphorce, Materplan, COB, Nevermore, (Queensryche)>Depending on the reviews, Bon Jovi, Tad Morose and.... can't think of anymore at the mo :loco:

SoundMaster said:
new releases by:

Judas Priest
Katatonia
Opeth
Anathema
the Gathering
King Diamond
Queensryche

Has there been any news of a new Opeth cd, or is that wishful thinking?

Hawk said:
I am looking forward to new albums by Nevermore, Symphony X, Children of Bodom, Judas Priest, A.C.T, Arch Enemy, Kamelot, Dimmu Borgir, Sieges Even, Communic, Masterplan, Kreator and Slayer in 2005.

A.C.T, Hawk? I thought I was the only one here that would listen to that band. I call it happy progressive circus metal! I have the new release of Imaginary Friends, and a couple mp3s off Last Epic (which is currently on my wish list). I think it's great stuff, but it hasn't gone over very well with the few friends I've played it for. :erk:

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
A.C.T, Hawk? I thought I was the only one here that would listen to that band. I call it happy progressive circus metal! I have the new release of Imaginary Friends, and a couple mp3s off Last Epic (which is currently on my wish list). I think it's great stuff, but it hasn't gone over very well with the few friends I've played it for. :erk:
:lol: The story of my [musical] life. Try a band like Max Webster! Or the albums of Mattias Eklund! I love the weird, funny and goofy bands.

If you like me are into funny shit be prepared to stand alone and be ignored.

You'll be that freak alone in his room laughing his ass of to music and lyrics only known to him :D

I think The Last Epic is their best album. So get it as soon as you can or join me on SS.

wdiv said:
Has there been any news of a new Opeth cd, or is that wishful thinking?
I read somewhere recenctly that Mikael has been writing & the band will record this summer, with a tentative release this fall.

He stated that his early ideas are a mix of early 70s Camel, Dio-era Rainbow and some extreme black metal! Not quite sure how that would sound, but anything they touch seems to rule!

I was a bit let-down by "Deliverance". Great record, but by their standards, it was a bit....drab.