Come on people show your favorite 5 albums of Q1 - 2005

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Did you get to hear all of this Wyvern? Man, I heard 1 minute song samples of the entire album and I was amazed at how good the songwriting was on this album. That's always been my complaint about Lana Lane, she wrote really good four-star songs consistently, but seldom did she unleash a five-star song. Man, that Lady Macbeth albums sounds like it's loaded with great music. This album is on my watch list...just waiting for SOMEONE here in the States to get it in so I can order it.

As for my 5 best of Q1 of '05? Eh, this shows just how damn finicky I am about the music I purchase. I only have three '05 albums so far:

Judas Priest: Angel of Retribution
Astral Doors: Evil is Forever
Kamelot: The Black Halo

Well those are 3 damn fine albums.
What is your favorite of those? ;)
Just curious...

Hawk said:
You are not "just slagging the hype of MPE.". You were also attacking their music. Insulting my choice and giving no *good* argued reason why you did not like them.

My *good* argued reason is that their music is the same melodeth stuff that's been done to death since Dark Tranquillity's "The Gallery," with a movie soundtrack atmosphere. I find that to be undeserving of any hype.

Now, anytime when I said that, did I personally call you a/an "insert expletive here"? Or did I flat out say that your taste in music sucks? No, I did not. I couldn't care less about getting banned from some internet forum, but if you want to bitch about me openly voicing my opinion on music, by all means.

Wyvern said:
Exactly. That's the whole point, so let's check some isolated points:

• And as much as bashing Metallica feels funny, the point is that in the end there are many Metallica fans who wants to be respected in their taste. This analogy goes for any bands or music in here.
  • Swine was complaining not so long ago of narrowness in metalheads by not liking new bands, and he was right. He also missed the point that many of us just don't like the same stuff he likes (and viceversa).
  • I have my huge quota of disliking, I can made a long thread based solely on those bands/artist I dislike. But what will I acomplish with that?
  • A real fan has to be intelligently enough to acept that even the band he likes the most can slip and make a bad album/song any given day.
So when you examine all those facts you have to reach a point in where after you read a post you have to:

a) disagree intelligently making your point based on facts/figures that can support you viewpoint e.g: sorry but "Master Of Puppets" is a much more important album to the musical industry than "Rust In Piece" because it sold more copies worldwide.

b) disagree simply but nicely e.g: I know it just me but I can't stand King Diamond vocals, I'm not arguing about his quality just that doesn't move me.

c) refrain to answer. Just read and let it go.

d) don't even read it!

What you should not do ever is to resolve to flaming, hit and run commentaries or simplistic ramapithecus behavior e.g: Judas Priest suck and their singer is gay. Tr00 kult black metal owns your ass. Poison is for pussies go and hear some Anal Cunt. How can you like Dream Theater is just wankery crap?

Like Hawk said, for that kind of behavior you can go to General Music or to many other forums in the net. But here in UMOS we are proud to keep the engine running smoothly and gentle due to mutual acceptance and respect.

If you manage to read until here and don't feel like flaming me, then I made a point, if not don't even bother I use the Ignore list a lot :D

P.S. I used your post as a start kmadd, this is not personally related to you :wave:

Generally when I dislike a band ... I will keep my mouth shut .. you didnt see me slagging Sixx for his papa roach thread did ya? ... lifes to short to be a smartmouthed little fucking asshole with absolutely no respect for anybody

p.s. Wyvern this is not personally releated to you :D

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Did you get to hear all of this Wyvern? Man, I heard 1 minute song samples of the entire album and I was amazed at how good the songwriting was on this album. That's always been my complaint about Lana Lane, she wrote really good four-star songs consistently, but seldom did she unleash a five-star song. Man, that Lady Macbeth albums sounds like it's loaded with great music. This album is on my watch list...just waiting for SOMEONE here in the States to get it in so I can order it.

Actually I have. Hadn't got the time to write a review yet :D I had been consistently dissapointed with the latest Lana albums, so this one is kind like a return to "Garden Of The Moon" and I feel it pretty cohesive.

As for five star songs (IMO) check: 'Rhapsody', 'Evolution Revolution', 'Symphony Of Angels (arais and fables)', 'Through The Rain'.

JonnyD said:
Generally when I dislike a band ... I will keep my mouth shut .. you didnt see me slagging Sixx for his papa roach thread did ya? ... lifes to short to be a smartmouthed little fucking asshole with absolutely no respect for anybody

p.s. Wyvern this is not personally releated to you :D

SMART ASS! :p Actually you have grown a lot JD, not that you have lose your edge as a bouncer here, but indeed you pick your brawls much more selective lately ;)

P.S. I admit it was hard for me to keep at bay with Swine thread :tickled: (just teasing Sixxi)

Hawk said:
Well those are 3 damn fine albums.
What is your favorite of those? ;)
Just curious...

That's hard to say just yet Hawk. I've only had the Kamelot since last Thursday so I've only listened to it about four times. Black Halo is obviously a treat that needs to be digested slowly, over time and multiple listens. It hasn't clicked for me yet, but I feel confident that it will. It was the same way for the Karma and Epica...it took me awhile before the light came on.

The Astral Doors and Priest I got about the same time and it's a tough call as to which one comes out ahead of the other. I can't believe I'm typing this, but I think it might just be the Priest. I had given up on them long ago and they really pulled a doozie outta Rob's sex hole on this one. I think Angel of Retribution gets the nod just because they shocked the hell out of me by putting out such a great album so late in their career.

Wyvern said:
SMART ASS! :p Actually you have grown a lot JD, not that you have lose your edge as a bouncer here, but indeed you pick your brawls much more selective lately ;)

hahaha I am Mellowing with age I guess, I just am just trying to get my point across without the battles nowadays ... doesnt always work ... I admit I was a bit harsh on JP in that last post, I have other things on my mind and I let them out in that post ...

Wyvern said:
P.S. I admit it was hard for me to keep at bay with Swine thread :tickled: (just teasing Sixxi)

hahaha I wouldnt give him shit about something like that ... we dont always agree on things but he is still my fucking bro

I haven't been able to buy as much as I'd like... but my bday is coming up.. perhaps I get one more new release (one can hope!) so here is mine for now...

1. Bruce-Tyrany of souls (RESERVED FOR #1, only heard clips so far)
2.Kamelot-The Black Halo (This is a masterpiece... absolutely a fav!)
3.Brainstorm-Liquid Monster (Andy's vox is amazing as always and the album sounds fun and pretty crushing :headbang: )
4.Kreator-Enemy of God (can't wait to see them in a couple of weeks! :D )

ok as for the topic I am only going to Include 2005 albums that I own .. though there are Several I neeeeeeed to get... these are in no order and will prolly be top 5 albums for the rest of the year

1. Overkill - ReliXIV
2.Kamelot - The Black Halo ... Infuckingcredible album!!!!!!!!
3.Kreator - Enemy of God

one that doesnt thrill me is the new Priest .. I personally thought it was boring ... tho since I am not a big fan that shouldnt be surprising :loco:

JonnyD said:
ok as for the topic I am only going to Include 2005 albums that I own .. though there are Several I neeeeeeed to get... these are in no order and will prolly be top 5 albums for the rest of the year

1. Overkill - ReliXIV
2.Kamelot - The Black Halo ... Infuckingcredible album!!!!!!!!
3.Kreator - Enemy of God

one that doesnt thrill me is the new Priest .. I personally thought it was boring ... tho since I am not a big fan that shouldnt be surprising :loco:

I need to get that new Overkill... and it seems like you need to get that new Brainstorm... I am surprised you still don't have it Andy fanboy :p it's a great album!

Pabla said:
I need to get that new Overkill... and it seems like you need to get that new Brainstorm... I am surprised you still don't have it Andy fanboy :p it's a great album!

hahaha Trust me I will Have it soon! gimmie say 2 weeks! and you realllllly do need to get the new Overkill!!!! its an ASSKICKER :headbang:

JonnyD said:
hahaha Trust me I will Have it soon! gimmie say 2 weeks! and you realllllly do need to get the new Overkill!!!! its an ASSKICKER :headbang:

I'll try to post a review of it soon in the meantime... you are gonna love it JD! :D It's such a great album... nothing fancy or out of the ordinary... fun beats, great hooks and melody lines, nice crushing riffs... great vox! :headbang: Andy just keeps getting better.

I'll look into that Overkill this or next weekend :headbang: