4. Falconer - "Grime vs. Granduer"
5. Sonata Arctica - "Reckoning Night"
6. Jacob's Dream - "Drama of Ages"
7. Brainstorm - "Liquid Monster"
8. Russell Allen - "Atomic Soul"
9. Beyond Twilight - "Section X"
10. Judas Priest - "Angel of Retribution"
11. Sandalinas - "Living on the Edge"

I only have the free MP3's of Sabaton but the CD is on order... does that count? :p

rokk said:
1. Sabaton - "Primo Victoria"
2. Astral Doors – “Evil Is Forever”
3. Hammerfall – “Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken”

I only have the free MP3's of Sabaton but the CD is on order... does that count? :p

In my book yes. But since you choose indeed the best album I can forgive you :D

I am waiting for the new Symphorce, Alice Cooper, Bessech, COB and Charon... and I have yet to buy the new Biomechanical and a couple of others... so I can't make up my mind right now

For sure Brucey, Symphorce, Kamelot and Nevermore will be in my top 5 :p

1) Kamelot - The Black Halo
2) Masterplan - Aeronautics
3) Demons & Wizards - Touched By The Crimson King
4) Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
5) Reviver - Reviver
6) Circle II Circle - The Middle Of Nowhere

Those are actually the only 2005 discs I've gotten so far. Yeah, that's right, I haven't even heard the new Priest or Bruce albums yet. :erk:

But anyway, Kamelot is the clear winner here and Masterplan was great too. Demons & Wizards doesn't stand up to the debut, but a solid one nevertheless. Nevermore is growing... hasn't really impressed yet but I've only given a handful of listens so far. Sounds like Nevermore, that's all I can say. :D
Reviver's a fun old school power metal disc, nothing revolutionary but good. The only disappointment so far is the Circle II Circle. Only the opening track really impressed me, the rest is mostly lame AOR.

A fine year so far, and there's still a lot to come...

Kamelot - The Black Halo
Kreator - Enemy of God
Flotsam and Jetsam - Dreams of Death
Chris Caffery - Faces
Demons and Wizards - Touched by the Crimson King
Brainstorm - Luquid Monster
Overkill - ReliXIV
Candlemass - S/T
Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution

There are prolly some I have forgotten and there are several I have heard but havnt bought yet .... I havnt been Disapointed yet! its been a great year for metal

JonnyD said:
Chris Caffery - Faces
I like that one as well (Caffery rocks!), but it was released last year I think, well at least over here. But maybe the domestic release has only been out for a few months, that's a possibility.

How is the new Flotsam by the way? :)

Fangface said:
I like that one as well (Caffery rocks!), but it was released last year I think, well at least over here. But maybe the domestic release has only been out for a few months, that's a possibility.

How is the new Flotsam by the way? :)

Flo, when Lynyrd Skynyrd releases a new album, it will probably be in Europe first. :err:

Bryant

:D Hey Cold Gin, cool to see you again.
Well.... Liquid Monster isn't bad at all, I like it actually. I would even say that it's a good album... but it's a disapointment for me after so many killer releases such as Soul Temptation, Metus Mortus and Ambiguity. I fear that the band is starting to run out of ideas, I hope I'm wrong. It's still good and I still support them of course, but it doesn't kick my ass the way all the previous albums did ;)