Best of 2014

I agree with that. Only reason it isn't on my top list is I haven't picked it up yet so haven't really digested the whole thing.

I love the new Dark Forest, though maybe that's because I haven't really explored their earlier material.

going to post mine in a week or so...still need a few new ones to make the final list....mine so far is....

Riot V
High Spirits
Slough Feg
Edguy
Skull Fist
October 31

still need to get the new Crystal Eyes and Freedom Call. have the Blaze EP and Ambush on the way finally.

Surprised you'd put Edguy on there and not Gamma Ray. I like both, but I think the Gamma Ray is way superior.

When I make my end of the year lists I always think about what albums will I still be listening to in a year or 2. Of course that's impossible to predict, and I am often wrong, but while Edguy, Freedom Call, Iron Savior, Brainstorm, Crosswind, Slough Feg, Hundred, High Spirits, and Sanctuary all released great albums this year, the ones that I feel will stick with me are:

Dark Forest – The Awakening
Magnum – Escape From The Shadow Garden
Medieval Steel – Dark Castle
Riot – Unleash The Fire
Sabaton – Heroes
Tuomas Holopainen – The Life And Times Of Scrooge
Twilight Force – Tales Of Ancient Prophecies

Demos/Eps/singles:

Moros Nyx – Rites Of Rebellion
Tarot – all 3
Walpyrgus – Walpyrgus

Medieval Steel – Dark Castle

Twilight Force – Tales Of Ancient Prophecies

That Medieval Steel I have trouble putting in my top from this year. I think it starts and ends really well, but the middle is just bland to me.

Twilight Force will most likely be in my top though. Such a great album.

That Medieval Steel I have trouble putting in my top from this year. I think it starts and ends really well, but the middle is just bland to me.

Twilight Force will most likely be in my top though. Such a great album.

Both Rhapsody's need to hire TF's songwriting team stat.