Best of Slayer

SLAYER85 said:
shit, i like them all, from haunting to got hates...ive been with them the whole way.

I hear ya man me too I saw them With Pantera On the God Hates...tour it was fukin awsome........Kerry came out and Played a song With Pantera it was a magical night just fukin awsome

Seasons is the album that got me into Slayer when I was 14, so I say fuck this "rocks for brains" pole-smoker.
  • Reign In Blood
  • Circles of Belief
  • Altar of Sacrifice
  • Spill the Blood
  • Ghost of War
  • Temptation
  • Divine Intervention
  • Sex, Murder, Art
  • Mandatory Suicide
  • Evil Has No Boundries
  • Gemini
  • At Dawn They Sleep
  • Hallowed Point
  • Point
  • Bloodline

Slaughter Of The Soul said:
Seasons In The Abyss, isn't a true Slayer album, it's a BIG SHIT.

Go get "Reign In Blood" or "Hell Awaits", these are legends...

What's wrong with it ? Music is described as having melody, rythm and harmony. Seasons has all of those things. I like a good bit of SLayer and am not knocking them, but often their stuff is 1000 mph song after song and lacks the said melody. They seem to start sounding the same after a while.

Bryant

I like "seasons in abyss" but actually my favorite album is their first "show no mercy" which is the one the critics and TR00 fans ignore, more emphasis on songs and melody and not playing 100mph, every song here is ace. They should add "haunting chapel" EP songs and reissue remastered 1st album.

1983 what a year in metal, Slayer and Metallica both release first albums!

Raining Blood
Angel Of Death
Piece By Piece
Mandatory Suicide
South Of Heaven
Evil Has No Boundaries
Black Magic
The Antichrist
Hell Awaits
Chemical Warfare
Necrophoblic
Jesus Saves
Postmortem
Seasons In The Abyss
War Ensemble
Serenity In Murder

Raining Blood
Angel of Death
South of Heaven
Hell Awaits
Silent Scream
Spill the Blood
Die by the Sword
Chemical Warfare
War Ensemble
Bloodline
Expendable Youth
Black Magic
Evil has no Boundaries
Seasons in the Abyss
Skeletons of Society
Live Undead
Piece by Piece

My favorites from each album:

Black Magic
At Dawn They Sleep
Raining Blood
Ghosts Of War
Skeletons Of Society or Seasons In The Abyss (can't decide!)
Serenity In Murder
Gemini
Screaming From The Sky (hugely underrated song and they need to play it live and never do!)
Track#5 from God Hates Us All (I'm highassing the name right now!)

Exile
Bloodline
War Zone
Payback
Angel Of Death
Disciple
Threshold
Skeletons Of Society
Scarstruck

Mostly of the Slayer songs i like (or even have heard) are on the God Hates Us All album.

It's very hard to chose 15, that's why I have a CD/MP3 player in my truck so I don't have to chose 15. I get to put every Slayer album on one disc and rock out from Show No Mercy to God Hates Us All.

I really like Divine interventions, it sound different than their other albums, but it's still kick ass slayer. So I would take 4 or 5 tracks from this album, 2 tracks from God hate us all, the first and the last (don't remember the names sorry), some quick punkish songs from Undisputed attitude and the other tracks must be the classics, like angel of death, war ensemble, reign in blood... I don't know the older stuff before Reign in blood.

I agree with IcedMadness. However, for those without a CD/MP3 player, just copy Reign In Blood twice onto a blank CD. The best album ever recorded. Never bettered. :)

All songs on Reign in Blood are friggin great. I just love how he does his vocals on some of the songs.. Epidemic, Raining blood etc.

"What I am, what I want I'm only after death!!"

MURAI said:
I only have 1 Slayer album, Divine Intervention, so far but I'll get some more. This album has now got me devoted to those fuckers in Slyaer. The lyrics on this album deal with the repressive nature of governments and how far they can go to obtain power. The songs are full of aggression and there are some hypnotizing parts like the beginning of Divine Intervention. I love this album, no wonder people call it Reign In Blood Pt. II. I recommend songs like Dittohead, Divine Intervention, and Serenity In Murder. I recommend some other songs from their earlier albums like At Dawn They Sleep, Angel Of Death, Raining Blood and South Of Heaven.

same ere ive only got Divine Intervention + mp3's and vids on computer,