Best speed/thrash metal band?

Matheusbassist01

Master bassist
May 27, 2004
Lancaster, CA
What do you think is the best speed/thrash metal band? I'm not talking about death metal, or heavy metal. So don't put something like Slayer, or Amon Amarth, or Cannibal Corpse, and so on.

I'll start with myself. My favorite would either be Testament, or Metallica (old stuff). That's just what I like.

Matheusbassist01 said:
What do you think is the best speed/thrash metal band? I'm not talking about death metal, or heavy metal. So don't put something like Slayer, or Amon Amarth, or Cannibal Corpse, and so on.

I'll start with myself. My favorite would either be Testament, or Metallica (old stuff). That's just what I like.
Slayer is thrash metal. Not even close to being death.

TheGraveDigger said:
Slayer is thrash metal. Not even close to being death.

that's not true, slayer pioneered the dissonant intervals of death metal and broke from the open harmony used by earlier thrash and speed bands making them close to death metal. death metal, though, uses a certain vocal style and slayer doesn't fall into place, so I agree: not death metal. Proto-death thrash metal sounds good. ;)

I'd go with Sodom probably.

I like Life Sucks List. I dont think one can pick a single best thrash band- although Slayer would be my choice.

Has anyone mentioned Sepultura?
Early Megadeth is quite good.