Best Opeth Album?

Deliverance is the heaviest. But it's not as well written as some of their other albums. (This is a fact). I would go for Blackwater Park.

Wow, I didn't know that Still Life is so popular among Opeth fans. I thought I was the only one who thought it was the best... (Yeah, that's just cause none of my friends consider it the best)

Yeah, first post on this forum. Opeth is great. The only problem is that it's so fucking depressing if you people get what I mean. XD

Welcome to the board, hope you have a good time. Remember to use the search option before you start a thread :lol:

I share your opinion - Still Life is my favorite as well.

I´d say Blackwater Park is the best album. But i actually haven´t heard Still Life or any albums released earlier that it. My first was Ghost Reveries, but that album fell below Damnation, Deliverance and Blackwater Park on my list when I heard them.

Not a fact. Other than the last track, I don't see any "facts" that would indicate that it's not as well written.

Wreath isn't very well written. Deliverance is ok, but I don't think it's as good as songs like TLA, Bleak etc. A fair Judgement is incredible until that ridiculous ending. Master's Apprentices is ok too, but again I don't think it's as meticulously created as some of their other heavy songs. BTPISIO isn't a good song.. though I think it has some cool moments.

It's just not that strong an album.

It is a pretty strange song and I dont like it that much either but it has some great moments in it.
........RISE TO SUBMISSION!!!!!!!!:headbang:

Orchid: 10/10
Best track: "In mist she was standing"
Not-so-good track: "Under the weeping moon"

Morningrise: 10/10
Best track: They're really awesome all of them
Not-so-good track: Perhaps "Nectar" is a tad less inspired

My Arms, Your Hearse: 10/10
Best track: Another album of continuous awesomeness, filled with classics
Not-so-good track: The instrumental "Madrigal"

Still Life: 10/10
Best track: "The Moor" must be one of Opeth's best songs
Not-so-good track: "Benighted"

Blackwater Park: 7/10
Best track: "The Leper Affinity"
Not-so-good track: Well, it's certainly debatable, but "Harvest"

Deliverance: 9/10
Best track: "Deliverance"
Not-so-good track: I like 'em all but can agree that "By the Pain..." isn't as well written as the rest.

Damnation: 8/10
Best track: "Closure"
Not-so-good track: "Weakness"

Ghost Reveries: 9.5/10
Best track: "Ghost of Perdition"
Not-so-good track: The totally out-of-place borefest "Atonement"