Best Power Metal Band -Round 1-

Which Of These Power Metal Bands is the Best?

• Nightwish

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Sonata Arctica

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Stratovarius

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Kamelot

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Rhapsody

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angra

• ManoWar

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Blind Guardian

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Hammerfall

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Symphony X

• Total voters

grandbazaar

Jul 24, 2002
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Visit site
Whichever band who gets the lowest percentage will be gone in the next round. We'll see who people on this board likes most!

I'm telling you though, tough choices will have to be made!:p

I hesitate between Sonata and Nightwish...
i'll go with nightwish because they have achieved more up to now.

Nightwish for me as well. I've heard *most* of the bands here, and they're good or atleast decent, or atleast what I've heard, but Nightwish is a good choice, been listening to them for 4 or 5 years now. What annoys me is that Nightwish is becoming pop-music.. Everyone and their mother has heard of them, and it gets kinda annoying when a 16 year old blondie slut asks me if I've heard of this band called nightwish.

Originally posted by krapylet
Nightwish for me as well. I've heard *most* of the bands here, and they're good or atleast decent, or atleast what I've heard, but Nightwish is a good choice, been listening to them for 4 or 5 years now. What annoys me is that Nightwish is becoming pop-music.. Everyone and their mother has heard of them, and it gets kinda annoying when a 16 year old blondie slut asks me if I've heard of this band called nightwish.

I don't get bothered by these things, as long as I like The Music.
It's all about music. Plus I don't have these kind of problems here in Canada :lol:, Metal is not something most people listen too, so obviously they are not very well known. By pop do you mean Popular? or pop music style? cause it's heavy, symphonic, but not poppy sounding.

I don't mean it's poppy sounding at all, it's very good music. But it annoys me, it doesn't bother me, when 15-16 year old pop queens ask me if I've heard of a band called Nightwish. I just hope they never start hitting lists.. jeez, that would be a tragedy. But I do love the music =)
Though I don't think it's very heavy :p

I've never heard Blind Guardian, is it good? Is there somewhere I can get a song? What song/album should I be on the lookout for?

Doesn't get any classier than Nightwish! Stratovarius are a good band and Blind Guardian were the best in the business before "Power Metal" was even an accepted genre. Unfortunately Blind Guardian lost the plot years ago.

NIGHTWISH!

Originally posted by Soulburner
Manowar and Symphony X aren't power metal by any means.

EXACTLY!!!

Symphony X are:

1) by no means power metal. They don't use boring and repetitive harmony and jam rehashed natural minor melodies over them.
2) far too great as musicians to ever consider writing power metal songs.
3) see 1 and 2.

Manowar, however, are just a huge fucking joke.

I don't like power metal, but I guess out of the bands who are powermetal and on that list, the band I hate least is Sonata Arctica.

Originally posted by NeXTLiFE
Blind Guardian were the best in the business before "Power Metal" was even an accepted genre. Unfortunately Blind Guardian lost the plot years ago.

Blind Guardian still rocks, even though not quite as much as Sonata Arctica. THey were awsome live, which was cool. If they were a let down i probably wouldnt listen to them anymore...just cause im weird like that