Best quotes of the weekend - 2015 edition

Yippee38

Living the dream!
Oct 8, 2002
Somewhere at 33,000'
Visit site
At Vespucci's eating dinner, I was trying to rush my wife (Yardleybates). She said, "You can't chug red wine," right as the guy who was working there was walking by.

He looks at her and says, "Ever hear of the Roman Empire, or Vikings, or pretty much any civilization before the 1600s? You can chug red wine."

At Vespucci's eating dinner, I was trying to rush my wife (Yardleybates). She said, "You can't chug red wine," right as the guy who was working there was walking by.

He looks at her and says, "Ever hear of the Roman Empire, or Vikings, or pretty much any civilization before the 1600s? You can chug red wine."

That Vespuccis guy is hilarious. One year he gave three of us free shots wanting to get us drunk.

I forget which night it was. I sit every year with Lane Miller each day of the festival. It's funny because each of us is the other's alter ego. I called my wife between sets and she asked me who I was talking to. I told her "It's Lane, that guy I sit with every year who loves that fucking sissy prog shit. She said, "That wasn't nice. You shouldn't say that. Can he hear you?" I said, "It's no big deal. He knows what he is." Laughs all around.

I might not get these *exactly* right, but here goes:

Diego Valdez from Helker: "We are united in Metal. No matter the flag, no matter the color. We should rule the world!"

Tom Englund (who was pretty much a "Quote of the Fest" highlight reel) at the end of the Evergrey acoustic set: "We are going to end with a cover song, because we don't want to leave you in the basement wanting to commit suicide."

Mariusz Duda: "I remember when we were last here. In 2008? That's when we looked like this. *points to the svelte Michal Lapaj*

Now it's 2015. Seven years later. And now...we look like this." *points to a bald and shaggy Piotr Grudzinski*

Tess, at the box office of the Evergrey acoustic show Thursday, as attendees would come in to buy tickets soaked from the 5-min long downpour:

"How's the weather out there?"

:lol::lol:

At one point in Voyager's set, Alex and Simone are caressing Danny's arms, pantomiming sexual desire.

He looks over at Alex and says "No." And then to Simone he says "....Maybe."

Also, my friend Adam, who had never really listened to Voyager (and thus wasn't excited about their set) decided that he'd watch them because I demanded that he do so.

About three or four songs into their set he just leans close to me and says "THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME!" Not a clever or profound quote, but memorable to me nevertheless.

A very happy band manager with his glass of wine in the photo pit, while his band put on a monster set:

"Tonight I am drinking all my problems." :lol::lol:

Urban: I used to make my own pants. (While showing how to pin a Serious Black girlie to a small size from medium. The man is multitalented.)

Nick: Well, this was a life affirming concert. (On Facebook, regarding Falconer's set and meeting them at the Artmore later).

The Prophecy:

Friend, to remain nameless, pointing to drunk guy in front of us: "Who's this doofus?"
Me: "He's you, 10 beers from now"

Steve in Philly

Thank you for that!!! I just about spit out my tea reading it....& yeah, that dude at Vespucci's is a talker ....always spot on with something witty.