Best shows eva!!

outerone

Alchemy of the Sorcerer
Feb 9, 2006
San Francisco
Im sure this thread has been done before many times but here we go again...

What is the best show(s) you have ever been to and why?

I figured Id write about it since the beginning of my fall looks pretty darn nice. Seeing 5 of my all time favorite band within a span of 3 months. Sigur Ros, Opeth, Radiohead, Amorphis and My Morning Jacket. And 3 of those band are amongst the greatest bands to see live today (popular opinion).

But some of my past favorites have been Opeth at the Fillmore in San Francisco 2004 and Tool and Paramount theatre in Oakland 2006.

How about you....

Amorphis in Romania this year in February:headbang:

the setlist was like this:

I of Crimson Blood
Towards and Against
Against Widows
Drowned Maid
Leaves Scar
On Rich and Poor
Her Alone
Silent Waters
Into Hiding
Sign from the North Side
The Smoke
My Kantele
The Castaway
Alone

superb show and the new vocalist is awesome

Opeth: Chicago Chronology Show. May 2006.

Pelican: Iowa City. March 2008.

Iron Maiden - Twickenham Stadium

Aboslutely amazing show..played a near-perfect set, with only the classics.

I saw a couple of excellent shows at this years roskilde festival:

Judas priest. It was fucking epic, at the end rob halford drove in on stage on a motorcycle, and to hear painkiller live was undescribable.

Niel young, 2 ½ hours of magnifict music.

Radiohead, not more to say about them, excellent show.

Valravn, some danish unknown midieval folk band mixed with electronica, absolutely mesmerizing.

Fanfara Tirana, albanian folkmusic, I've never seen a more energetic show, it was literally impossible to stand still throughout the entire concert, people were jumping and dancing as if there was no tomorrow

At The Gates, not overwhelming but still good to see them play all the classics from slaughter of the soul

Slayer, I've never been much into slayer, but seeing them live gives the music a whole new dimension. At the end of the concert Tom Araya threw his t-shirt out to the audience and it was hilarious to watch like 30 metal fans fighting like mad over it. After some time the security guys got hold of the t-shirt and threw it over the fence, after which a very athletic guy jumped over, grapped the t-shirt and ran away, evading both security guys and fans with ninja like reflexes.

There was loads of other excellent concert, roskilde was really amazing this year.

Xavier Rudd! He's alone on stage, plays all the instruments by himself and has so much energy!

Brian Wilson - The guy took too much drug but he still gives an awesome performance live!

Death Cab For Cutie - 2 drums kinda solo was sweet

Modest Mouse - I just love them

3 - Who I discovered in may at the Opeth show, very energetic.

Finally, Opeth. I really liked the interaction between Mikael and the crowd! And the music... Well, you already know about that.

Opeth, of course. Eluveitie on the Pagan Fest this year at the Koko Club in London, very, very good performance. They were quite frankly the best band on the night beating Tyr, Moonsorrow, Korpiklaani and Ensiferum. From my understanding it was their first show in the UK as well, and it seems that the two brothers in the band will be leaving Eluveitie after Bloodstock this year, which I shall be attending.

Tool- Their live sound was fucking monstrous which made the songs even more groovier, I was litterally blown away by the bass sound as it seemed like a storm was blowing out from the speakers. :D
Gojira- Same here, very heavy live sound + Gojira just fucking owns.
Metallica- I've never been to a bigger concert. (Around 52.000 people attending).

other good live experiences.
Porcupine Tree, Amorphis, Stam1na, Primordial, Slayer, Anna Ternheim, Beardfish, Indukti

Porcupine Tree, Anathema, Entombed, Iron Maiden. Why? Because they are Porcupine Tree, Anathema, Entombed, Iron Maiden. And LIVE!

Iron Maiden - Twickenham Stadium

Aboslutely amazing show..played a near-perfect set, with only the classics.
Got tix from the pre-sale and ended up with a terrible view (could see the top of Dave's head and mummy Eddie's fingers). That, mixed with the hour + spent waiting in the merch line (to get to one of the dumbest, rudest girls I've ever dealt with), and the overwhelming odours being created by someone sitting behind me made for the worst of the 4 Maiden gigs I've been to.
Best yet:

Iron Maiden - Paris (Bercy) July 1st and 2nd! They were in top form on both nights. The crowds were great, I had a great view of the stage, and the sound was perfect!

Iron Maiden - Earl's Court Dec 22, 2006. First one (after 11 years of waiting). Brilliant.

Strapping Young Lad - Sept 2003. Saw 'em in a teeny venue and met Gene and Devin afterwards.

Welp I forgot the name of the band, but we had an audience of 100 people in our front yard and the cops came and smashed the bass over the porch railing.

Amorphis in Romania this year in February:headbang:

the setlist was like this:

I of Crimson Blood
Towards and Against
Against Widows
Drowned Maid
Leaves Scar
On Rich and Poor
Her Alone
Silent Waters
Into Hiding
Sign from the North Side
The Smoke
My Kantele
The Castaway
Alone

superb show and the new vocalist is awesome

That is one fine set list from an amazing band. I hope they play something to that same vein in October when I see them!!

i have some amazing pictures of when i seen marilyn manson.
Ill show ya

image0092gv4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image024mm8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

3- It was a small venue with like five fans there, but they made believers even out of the nonbelievers
tool- I've seen em 4 times, and every time they have something new up their sleeves.

I need to see Nine Inch Nails, and I wish I could have seen Pink Floyd during The Wall era.