The I'm Going/Just Went to a Concert Thread

Ozzloaf

Art Geek
Jun 14, 2008
So... what concerts have you been to recently and/or are about to go to?

In the past year I've seen:

TOOL December 11th 2007 Bill Graham Civic Auditorium (the best concert I've EVER been to)

The Sword Apr 19 : San Fransisco, CA - Slim's w/ Slough Feg & Children

Progressive Nation: Dream Theatre, Opeth, Between the Buried and Me, and Three 5/03 - Oakland, CA - Paramount Theater

Dethklok June 5 (evacuated) - June 9 - San Fransisco, CA - The Fillmore

Bone Bash - Sammy Hagar, The Scorpians, ZO2 - Aug 2 - Mountain View, CA - The Shoreline Amphitheater

Metal Masters - Testament, Motorhead, Black Sabbath (Heaven and Hell), Judas Priest - Aug 31 - Mountain View, CA - The Shoreline Amphitheater

Nightwish and Sonata Arctica - Sept 12 - San Fransisco, CA - The Fillmore

Amon Amarth Oct 3 : San Fransisco, CA - Slim's

Opeth - Oct 6 - San Francisco, CA - The Grand Ballroom At the Regency Center

Going to See:

AC/DC - Dec 2 - Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena

Metallica with The Sword, Lamb of God, Down, and Machine Head - Dec 20 - Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena

Enslaved, Swallow the Sun, and Keeper of Kalessin - May 11, 2009

Maybe more?

Jake

More like, the "I want to show off thread" :p

Congratulations :kickass: Enjoy them because some people like me can't go to them :cry:

Why not?

Also : I wish extremely much that I am able to go to:

Amon Amarth Oct 3 : San Fransisco, CA - Slim's

But I can't because it's my sisters 18th birthday and instead I'm forced to go to Spring Awakening (the play/musical). :(

I live in Mexico AKA The country where good shows are once every 5 years.

i live on an island, at least mexico is underneath the US

although i dont mind because i dont go to concerts anyway

wow you guys have bad luck... I wanted to see Les Claypool but I couldn't also because of age restriction. :( The venues around here are really 'lax about age stuff though.

i live on an island, at least mexico is underneath the US

although i dont mind because i dont go to concerts anyway

you live in fucking Australia. That's more than island, it's a continent! I think more bands go there than mexico.

^Won with Opeth :) Thats about it for me though. Hitting up Seattle, then waiting to see about Meshuggah...apparently Haake mentioned another North American Tour.

^Won with Opeth :) Thats about it for me though. Hitting up Seattle, then waiting to see about Meshuggah...apparently Haake mentioned another North American Tour.

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN WHEN WHEN????????

LOL glad somebody else is pumped :D I have no clue though pal sorry! My buddy just mentioned reading an interview or something with Haake, and he that they will probably tour again soon or something. Haha sorry, I'll ask him sometime, maybe I can link the interview up for you.

I've seen Tool 4 times. ...Those are always a trip.
I've seen Opeth twice.
Mars Volta twice.
Katatonia twice.
Coheed and Cambria Twice.
Incubus twice.
A Perfect Cirlce.
Thrice.
Deftones.
Sentenced.
Nevermore.
Thomahawk.
Iron Maiden.
The Haunted.
Devin Townsend.
Megadeth.

A few hundred more I can't remember or don't care to. I've been listening to Nine Inch Nails since Downward, but I've never managed to see them because they always sell out too fast although I plan on doing so no matter what. I'd definitely love to see Pink Floyd, and I'd also like to see Porcupine Tree, and Pain of Salvation, but other than that I don't feel like going to shows anymore really.

All within a year??? I've seen hundreds of bands, I only posted the ones I've seen recently.

Can't remember all of them, Although I remember my first real concert which was Pink Floyd.

To name a few that I remember as being superb: 16 horsepower, Emperor, Goodspeed you black emperor, The Gathering, Saturnus, Agalloch, Esoteric, Enslaved, Smashing pumpkins, Tool, Bowie, Ministry, Faithless, Underworld, Neurosis (with Jarboe), Dream of an opium eater, Satyricon, Suede, REM, Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein. Those are the ones that I can come up with and remember as being especially great.