The Crystal Method

June 9 in St. Louis

Upcoming shows:

Clutch
Judas Priest
Mayhem Tour

i saw cannibal corpse/behemoth/black dahlia murder a couple weeks ago

upcoming...

jewel this friday (shut up im going with this girl :p and jewels not THAT bad)
forbidden-sometime this august, my friends band is opening for them which is badass and steve smyth is back in it!
obituary-this fall
children of bodom-oct
vader/decrepit birth in november, nile in january

Going to Rx Bandits/Dredg on Thursday and just got tickets to the Warp20 event in NYC featuring Battles and !!!, their only show in the US all year.

Was in Q Stock in Oulu, Finland yesterday with my friend. Was pretty good. I saw 4 bands.

First arrived just in time to see Stam1na. They were great. Really intense live performance, good set list and funny stage speeches. It was also awesome that they played the gig although the guitarist/singer Antti Hyyrynen had had an accident with his right hand a week before and played with 5 stiches in it. My favourite part was when during the song he yelled something like:

"VITTU, EI EDES PIKKAUS ONNISTU VITUN AMATÖÖRI"
(Fuck, can't even fucking pick you fucking amateur!"

Then we proceeded to see Amorphis that was just plain boring shit. From Amorphis, I get the feeling it's like pop music where you only have to tune everything a bit lower, add bit distorted guitars and a couple of growls. And as expected, their crowd was kinda lame too. I left before they finished.

Then the next band a couple of hours later was THE BEST BAND OF THE DAY, WITH EASE! Elephant 9 is a psychedelic jazz/progressive rock trio from Norway and they are fucking awesome. I had never heard the band, but they blew me away. Great instrumental technical stuff performed by a bassist, a keyboardist and a drummer. Proves that good rock music has no need at all for vocals or guitar. And they had such an attitude to the playing, they were really on fire.

The last band was Heaven & Hell (aka Black Sabbath with Dio). They were great. Everything was solid, Dio sung great as always (in the age of like 67 for fucks sake!). The 20min+ version of the song Heaven & Hell was awesome!

Yeah, I enjoyed that show, but I wasn't too happy about a few things: in the middle of the set the sound just went to hell and there was a lot of instances of "wall of sound", the setlist wasn't too varied and short and there were a few times where the second guitarist was really lacking. But these are minor complaints - all in all, I enjoyed the show very much and can't wait for them to come back