Best song off Once Sent From the Golden Hall

What do you consider the best song off Once Sent From the Golden Hall?

• Total voters
Almost, but nothing gets between me and my balls.

s044.gif

Without Fear hold a special place for me as the first AA song I ever heard. Listened to it for like a week straight before I went out and actually got the album. Then listened to the album practically nonstop for an entire year until Crusher came out.

I can't understand why Abandoned isn't more popular. I love those extended growls on it... like at the end, as well as the part from roughly the 1:30 to 2:15 marks (or is that 2:30 to 3:15?). Whatever the case, i've spent some good hours listening to that song..

I can't understand why Abandoned isn't more popular. I love those extended growls on it... like at the end, as well as the part from roughly the 1:30 to 2:15 marks (or is that 2:30 to 3:15?). Whatever the case, i've spent some good hours listening to that song..

Finally a secont vote for this song :worship:
Beave you could be my clone... :p

Edit:

Why didn't you vote for it?
s028.gif

I hesitated between Ride for Vengeance and Victorious March...
I voted for the first because it definately doesn't have enough votes.. but I like both equally.

Aurvandils tá;7073928 said:
Finally a secont vote for this song :worship:
Beave you could be my clone... :p

Edit:

Why didn't you vote for it?
s028.gif

I didn't actually vote on this one cos i think the whole album is a tour de force, but i wasn't expecting Abandoned to be so criminally overlooked.

I mean for fuck sakes, it just doesn't get much better than the classical sounding riff and the vocals that follow:

see Hel's gates
Towering high
And dark are they
I don't want to die

Oh no! I was wrong
Denied the true Gods
And now I'm doomed
I trusted foreign men
And their god's son
But now when I need them
They are gone

Fuck that verse rules. Johan sounds like he's coming out of the speakers..

...and the the final lurching, anguished, abrasive growl of the song might be the best thing i've ever heard.

Anyway, this poll is a prime example of the problem with voting: people just don't know what's good for them.

So it seems like we're cut from the same cloth. Just remember, Aurvandils tá, that not everyone is blessed with our refined tastes in music. ;)

Aurvandils tá;7076846 said:
I'm always looking for new derk, misty and acrane tuneage.
s066.gif

Well ok, after you rise & shine from your beauty sleep, please recommend to me some good bands/albums of the "dark, misty and acrane" variety.

Oh, and if I like your recommendations, you will be handsomely* rewarded**.

Please do not let me down.:)

*not actually true
**not in this lifetime

Victorious MAAAAAAAAARCH!!
But Amon Amarth comes in close second. They are all good though, a masterpiece album.