Best 'Summer' Metal

Best 'hot summer day' metal genre?

• Total voters
There are a few good tracks on Crack the Sky, and the occasional one throughout their later albums, but generally speaking the quality level is lowered. Not many bands continue to make interesting music beyond the third or fourth album, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Drudkh is some solid listening during a sunny afternoon nap. But generally black metal needs to be heavily atmospheric for me to get any kind of summer vibe, and it's really only good for contemplative solitude, not hanging out with other people.

I get relatively social in the summer. I think it's because I find hot weather ultimately uninspiring if I'm not doing something ambitious, like hiking or fishing, and need other people to distract me from lowbrow boredom. The unfortunate reality being that they usually drive me to it lol. At least we're drunk.

Now autumn.... there's a season to feel smart in. That slight chill keeps the mind awake.

Autumn is both beautiful and ugly. I love it because the atmosphere it emanates and I hate it because the weather is often shitty and it's easy to come down with a disease. I like rain but not a week of it.

I dig rain. Fun to drive in, without sucking to drive in like snow does. Plus all that atmosphere you mentioned.

I also really prefer wearing pants and long sleeves, but not wearing gloves. Fucking hate shorts. It's weird but it's a big part of why I dig that season.

VanHalen_5150_fcover.jpg

No idea why people give the Sammy Hagar era of this band shit. This album is fucking amazing and up there with the greatest Van Halen albums (that's read: 1984 and Fair Warning for all you plebs out there)

Last edited:
Reactions: Baroque