Best 'Summer' Metal

Best 'hot summer day' metal genre?

• Total voters

Carpe Mortem

Benevolently Batshit
Aug 21, 2013
It's weird how certain shit stays plugged in your mind. CIG and myself had an extremely brief conversation about good tunes for warm days in the sun and I've been thinking about it a lot. I go stoner for sure, what do y'all think?

I hit the limit for choices so go other if necessary and explain. I've allowed two choices for each voter.

And please, obviously, post examples, and get poetic with the why. I dunno about you people but I definitely don't have enough 'feel good' traipsing through the fields metal. Let's get a nice playlist going.

One of my own go-to's. I think it's the laziness of it, slowly downing beers and smoking weed on the lake with hardly any clothes on, shooting the shit with the homies. The best.

I get summery vibes from Sigh's later-career psychedelicy stuff. Maybe just because some of the instruments used like the hammond organ have a sound that I find inherently 'warm'.

But generally rather than metal I'd listen to 70s prog/psych/krautrock/etc. Camel especially.

For me, I can't really say a certain genre but some albums just gives of that summer vibe. Usually epic stuff about battles and/or some nature stuff, often with a tad bit of sadress too. Some albums that for me are very summerish are:

Graveland - Immortal Pride
Temnozor' - Horizons...
Solstice - A New Dark Age
Isen Torr - Mighty & Superior
Scald - Will of Gods is a Great Power
Blind Guardians - A Night at the Opera

Because I'm from Western Australia I mostly associate summer with tortuous heat, dry air, eye-sockets rubbed raw and fucked up sweaty metal bands from places like South America such as Sarcofago, Vulcano, Holocausto, Sextrash, early Sepultura, but also Australian bands like Sadistik Exekution, Vomitor or whatever.

Speaking of Australia, bands like Deströyer 666 are also good summer listening.

Reactions: CiG
Heh I can see how alot of people would think that but albums like Immortal Pride and Will of Gods is a Great Power, while being musically more wintry (if you compare them with similar albums from other bands) they convey the image of going on a march or setting sail in longboats to distant shores which to me is very much summer.

I think I feel the way I do because winter puts me personally in the mood for that kind of music and it's based on that rather than the visuals I receive when listening to them. Because I can certainly see where you're coming from.

Some other summer sounds for me are 90's Revelation, The Obsessed, Ogre, Omen, Iron Man's first two and the first Realmbuilder album. These seem to be my go-to albums when it's hot lately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elric of Melniboné
^good call on Ogre

This song in particular has a great summer woodsy feel to it, pretty much makes you feel like you're the North Pond hermit.

Sacred Blade are another great summer band.

Yea, trad, heavy metal and thrash are my favorites in the summer or warm weather. I think they tend to speak about love, drinking and partying which is basically what summer is about.

Diamond Head - Sucking my Love: some dude in my class actually gave me a diamond head cd and ive been blasting it consistently. awesome

everyone knows this here. but yes. beer.

and a ton of Holy Terror.

If we're sticking to metal, then black metal. Because it's always best.

As the picture suggests to anyone with an adequately functioning brain, this is fine music for driving through fields as the summer sun sets.

Trad/heavy metal in the summer for me. Death and doom metal is more of a fall kind of thing, and obviously black metal is winter. Thrash is borderline spring/summer. Prog and stoner metal can work for summer depending on the album, but im more into the trad stuff in summer usually. Grind also works for summer. It all depends really.

Here are some songs that immediately come to mind: said:

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity